Can texture from textured implants flake off into body?

I had surgery last May and my surgeon advised I get the textured implants. I have since read articles where women experienced small hair type particles from the outer shell of the implant flake off into their body, some found particles in their scar tissue after implant removal. Is this possible? I was not warned about this by my surgeon and I'm worried this could happen to me! If textured particless flakes off into the body will the body be able to break the particles down and absorb them?

Textured implants

The texture on textured implants should stay on the implant.  It is part of the implant shell.  Textured implants have not been shown to be less safe than smooth implants.

Napa Plastic Surgeon