Why so swollen? (Photo)

My right breast looks more swollen and the nipple appears to be red. Could there be an infection? Or, could it be because I'm right handed and I might have over done it?

Breast operation recovery

It appears that your right breast does have a bit more bruising than your left, which would also explain the swelling. It is best to touch base with your Plastic Surgeon to ensure that everything is ok.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Swelling after surgery

Swelling and bruising are common after surgery. You should see your plastic surgeon if you are worried, so he or she can closely examine you and make sure everything is ok.

Regards, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney

Post-Op Swelling

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. So, if you find yourself concerned at all about the length of time that your swelling lasts it would be best to visit your surgeon for another follow-up to have the area examined for proper healing progress. Good luck.