Why so swollen? (Photo)

My right breast looks more swollen and the nipple appears to be red. Could there be an infection? Or, could it be because I'm right handed and I might have over done it?

Post-Op Swelling

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. So, if you find yourself concerned at all about the length of time that your swelling lasts it would be best to visit your surgeon for another follow-up to have the area examined for proper healing progress. Good luck.