Is there still swelling 8 months post rhinoplasty? (photos)

I had septorhinoplasty done in January in another country, and a few months after the surgery I started noticing that one side of my nose seemed more swollen than the other side (the side that looks more swollen had more work done in it internally) which results in making my nose look crooked. Is this now permanent? Or does swelling take longer to go down on a part that has had more work done?

Post Operative Rhinoplasty Concerns

Thanks for your post and photos. You would need to have an examination and review of your operative notes from your surgery to best understand what exactly is going on with your recovery. If you are unable to return to see your surgeon, consider consulting with a rhinoplasty specialist locally for advise and recommendations. You may need to wait 4 to 6 months longer before considering the possibility of revision should swelling and/or crooked appearance persist. A thoughtful consultation from a specialist should help guide your decisions. Best wishes. 

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. There may be some swelling that can change the appearance of your nose in the next few months but this change will be relatively small. What you see now is likely very close to what it will look like at the one year mark. Generally speaking, revisions are done after one year to ensure no more swelling is present and nose has taken its final form so the revision surgeon knows exactly what to modify, how much etc. I do see the swelling on the left which gives your nose the crooked appearance. If this continues to both you, your options include revision rhinoplasty to improve it or sometimes non surgical rhinoplasty with fillers. Follow up with your surgeon and see what they say. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

Congratulations for having patience and wait more than six months PO, which is the recommended time allowed to make judgments of value and be precise and accurate.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD