Lips are small and the corners tend to look droopy, am I suitable for lip injections? Would it look odd? (photos)

Alright so I've been thinking of lip injections. My lips are small, but I also have an overall small mouth in general, also the corners of my mouth tend to look droopy. I'd like to know if I were to get lip injections, because of the size of my mouth would it look odd? I am only 24, I've done a lot of research into it and understand the risks, I'd just like to know your opinion/advice on if my lips could achieve a nice natural look if done correctly. Thanks

Lip Augmentation

You are a great candidate Vobella.  Volbella is a lip filler. It is like Juvederm Voluma in some ways, but specially designed with its patented Vycross technology for additional lift and a slightly longer lasting result (from 6 to 12 months on patients). Volbella contains less hyaluronic acid and has shown to reduce swelling versus previous versions of Juvederm. It also uses lidocaine and is formulated with an innovative combination of low and high molecular weight technology, which helps provide a smooth finish to a natural look and feel on your lips.You should contact a board certified Dermatologist 

A natural look

If it is done correctly you can achieve a natural look. I suggest juvederm volbella. Be certain to research the doctor you choose that can give you the natural look when done correctly. 

Dermal Fillers Can Lit and Reshape Lips

Your lips are quite lovely, but slightly asymmetrical. You can reshape the edges using Restylane Silk, Belotero, or Volbella to give you a more lifted look. You could also use more volume in your lower lip, which should be about 1/3 larger than the top lip. Juvederm can be a very nice volumizer for this purpose. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist with expertise in lip augmentation.

Douglas Wu, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Lips are small and the corners tend to look droopy, am I suitable for lip injections? Would it look odd?

Juvederm Volbella® is ideal for lifting the corners of the mouth, which universally improves the shape of the entire mouth/lips.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Lip corners

Hello, you could certainly achieve a natural look providing you research the person who is administering your injections thoroughly. Ensure you seek out a professional clinic and ideally a certified aesthetician. Take a look at their before and after photos to gage a better idea of whether the practitioner's results are natural looking. From your photos I believe you may benefit from a little filler in the lower lip - you already have a nice defined cupid's bow, but a little bit of filler in the top lip could add a little extra volume. Botox on the corners of the lips can elevate them to diminish the downturned appearance.

Improving small lips

Thank you for asking about your lip fillers.

Yes, I think you will have a pretty result from lip fillers as long as you don't have too much injected. I suggest you see a plastic surgeon and have 1 syringe of filler first - and a follow up appointment in 2 weeks to see if you need more. Too much filler will look look pretty so start cautiously.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Volbella

Vobella is the best lip enhancement filler.  You are a reasonable candidate and Volbella would be your best choice.  My Best,  Dr Commons

Lip injections

You absolutely would be a wonderful candidate for lip injections for the sake of making your lips fuller and also helping to turn up the corners. Both Juvederm and Restylane, which are both hyaluronic acid fillers, would work well for you. I would recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist or board certified facial plastic surgeon who has before and after photos of actual patients to make sure you like how he/she has done fillers and I think you will be VERY happy with your results. Best of luck!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Lips Are Small And The Corners Tend To Look Droopy, Am I Suitable For Lip Injections? Would It Look Odd?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation with a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Getting Lips You Love--Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm)

Fillers and lasers can help improve drooping of the lips corners. For increasing lip size, I love fillers in younger patients. I suggest belotero, restylane silk or juvederm ultra or volbella to just give a little plump without much size. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer.