Slight dorsal hump and columella reduction (Photo)

I'm wondering if any doctors out there think my dorsal hump could be removed with just shaving? Also would you think a bit if a columella reduction would make my nose look more well balanced/proportioned. Would these two things entail a small procedure? Can it be done under twilight sedation? Any idea of cost? Thanks.

Dorsal hump

Thanks for sharing your images and story

Yes, you can have the dorsal hump shaved off through a closed rhinoplasty approach.

Very straight forward.

The columellar can also be addressed at the same time.

No, you can't have twilight sedation it is safer and more reliable with a light general anaesthetic.

I hope this helps and good luck.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Dorsal hump

Thanks for your question. It would be important to see your front on and 45 degree profiles views but judging form the full profile dorsal hump could just be "shaved" however it is never as simple as that - the hump continues under the tip and there is a secondary effect on the tip which if not taken into consideration then the tip will drop if not short term in the longer term and you will not be happy. Rhinoplasty is almost never performed under sedation for safety reasons. It was in the 1980s and 1990s but sedation for rhinoplasty has been mostly abandoned.