Will my scars fade? Is this normal for 3 1/2 weeks post op breast lift and implant? (Photo)

I got 350cc implants and a breast lift. I am still very young (19) and underwent the surgery because of my weight loss. I am very worried about the appearance of the areola and the scaring.

Will Scars Fade

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

Sometimes the complete healing of scars can take several months. However, if you find yourself worried at all then it would be best to follow-up with your surgeon to make sure that healing is going well.

Good Afternoon,

It is normal for your scars to be red and puckered initially after surgery and will take up to a year or so to mature and fade down completely.  Be sure to check in with your surgeon to have your healing and progress tracked and receive instructions for scar care.

Best of Luck,

Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon