Can rhinoplasty make my nose narrower and bring out my nose bridge?

I have a wide flat looking nose and I feel very self-conscious about it since my all my friends, and siblings have narrow sharp nose. So is it possible for rhinoplasty to fix my nose and make look natural?

Rhinoplasty to make nose narrower and bridge lower

Hi GurrenLaggan,

While there are no photos to assess, generally, cosmetic rhinoplasty involves narrowing the nose, bringing the bridge down, making the alars narrower, and basically improving the cosmetic appearance of the nose. There are however limitations regarding the result that can be achieved as well, based on your normal anatomy.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

#rhinoplasty

Hi The short answer is almost certainly yes however without images it is difficult to define this any further or to give worthwhile advice.

Regards

Damien

Can rhinoplasty make my nose narrower and bring out my nose bridge? Perth, Australia

Thank you for your question. Although you did not provide any images this type of change can be achieved with modern rhinoplasty techniques. It may require building up of the nasal bridge with cartilage grafts or an implant depending on your surgeons preference. When you increase projection it will usually result in improved definition. I suggest you discuss your concerns with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon.

Regards

Dr Guy Watts

Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty can certainly fix all the concerns you have listed. I would recommend seeing a board certified rhinoplasty specialist for a consultation to give you a better understanding of what can be done to achieve the look you are going for.

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD

Rhinoplasty

Without seeing photographs it is hard to determine what is necessary to achieve your cosmetic goals. The key to rhinoplasty is achieving an overall facial harmony. With a rhinoplasty we can thin the bridge of your nose and build it up with cartilage to give it some projection. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty so you can have a nasal examination performed. I would also recommend submitting photographs of your nose. Best of luck in your endeavors.

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Yes, a rhinoplasty can narrow your nasal bridge by moving your nasal bones closer together. This also helps project your bridge more as well. There are also various grafts that can be used to build up your bridge if needed. Seek a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss this in more detail.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Of course a rhinoplasty can do all the above that you require

Sending through photos will be advisable if you want more accurate advice.

I hope this helps and good luck

Narrowing your nose and increasing the projection.

Photographs would be helpful to give you a more meaningful answer. In general by increasing the projection of your nose you will automatically achieve a narrower appearance. This would usually be done with a graft of cartilage which should be obtained from your nasal septum. If the base of the nose is really wide this can be narrowed by cutting the bone and moving the bones inwards.

Consultation with a plastic surgeon will answer your questions in the best possible way.

Good luck

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon