Just had a revision done on my chest... Lipo, leftover gland removal plus areola reduction. Any suggestions? (photo)

Wound sticks to dressing and skin peeled off a few times and now there is a yellow discharge from around the stitches. Im 2 weeks post op and had the seroma drained once and may need to drain it again. Im on Augmentin antibiotic (oral) and bivatracin antibspray (topical) Are all these complications normal? Would the chest shrink and areola look normal when it heels as at the moment its bigger than the other side?

2 Weeks Post Gynecomastia Revision

Seeing the #final results can take some time as each breast commonly heal at different rates of each other. Your incisions will go through a maturation #process after gynecomastia surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. 

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation. Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction.

Liposuction revision on the chest

Once the swelling goes down, you will see an improvement in the contour and you will get a better sense of whether you need a revision of the liposuction. I would suggest using Plato's Scar Serum twice daily to improve the scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Liposuction Revision | Gynecomastia Revision

Thank you for your question about revision liposuction.

It is too early to tell.  you are very early in the healing phase

I recommend that you follow all of your doctors instructions and keep all of your follow up appointments with her/him.

It is going to take a long time for all of the skin pleating to become more smooth...maybe more than 6 months.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Revision gynecomastia - concerned re healing

Thank you for asking about your gynecomastia reduction healing.

• I am sorry you have this problem with your healing.
  • Your own surgeon is the best person to guide you and to answer your questions.
  • Complications are not 'normal' in that they are not what usually occurs but they definitely can hyappen.
  • As far as the final result, it may be too early to tell.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia surgery

I think that at this point you need to follow closely with you surgeon and get appropriate wound care.  Best of luck.

Just had a revision done on my chest... Lipo, leftover gland removal plus areola reduction. Any suggestions?

Best to have often follow up with your surgeon for the residual fluid collections......>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>