Is there a reason why I have an upraised line inside my philtrum area instead of a dip? And is it possible to change it? (Photo)

I've always had this, and I'm just wondering why it would be that way instead of the dipped line. And if there's a way to change it/get rid of it.

Normal Lip shape

Your upper lip has normal contour and excellent shape.  The philtrum is composed of criss-crossing muscle fibers that circle your lips.  This allows you to pucker your mouth and make other oral movements.  It is normal to have two ridges, most prominently on the outer edges of the philtrum, which meet the lip at the peaks of your cupid's bow.  Occasionally, people can have a fusion line in the midline which can attach to the columella of the nose or look like a band. 

As far as treatment, I would not recommend any direct treatment - this can be difficult, if not impossible to get rid of.  Additionally, the result of lasering/cutting/dermabraiding is likely to be much worse than how it looks right now.  It is very difficult to create a dimple in the tissue there.  Some alternative ways to mask the prominence of this mark may be to improve definition of the normal philtral columns with a lip filler.

Is there a reason why I have an upraised line inside my philtrum area instead of a dip? And is it possible to change it?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  This is a normal variant of the philtrum but an in-person examination will be needed to see if it can be easily corrected.  The internal portion of your upper lip needs to be assessed, near the frenulum, as well as the upper lip musculature.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.