What is the best option to make my lips fuller? (Photo)

My lips are rather small and my cupids bow is rather prominent but being a makeup artist its rather annoying but I would like Angelina Jolie lips (who wouldn't) could injection or surgery help me??

Hyaluronic acid filler injections can work very well to add volume and make lips look fuller.

Hyaluronic acid filler injections can work very well to add volume and make lips look fuller. Restylane and Juvederm are two popular fillers for lip augmentation. I suggest visiting a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation to come up with a treatment plan and answer any questions you might have. 

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm

1cc of juvederm ultra can correct this issue.The material will last 9-12.months in younger women. Do not overdo .Do one syringe and live with it for 2weeks. 

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm/LIPS

I think you would do really well with 1 cc of juvederm ultra XC injected into your lips. I usually recommend numbing with a numbing cream (talk to your dermatologist/plastic surgeon) 30 minutes prior to injection and the juvederm ultra XC is also mixed with lidocaine so it enhances the patient's comfort. Results typically last 9-12 months, and you may be swollen and bruised right after the procedure (1-2 weeks). Icing the area and using Arnica can help alleviate the swelling and bruising. 

Anita Arora Gill, MD
The Woodlands Dermatologic Surgeon

What is the best option to make my lips fuller?

I appears that you are a good candidate for lip augmentation with HA dermal fillers. I would recommend stage injections of 1cc per visit. this will give you the opportunity to test drive the size for a couple of weeks before you commit for more volume. After you know the size that you like, then you can discuss with the surgeon if you would like to have the volume with something more permanent as fat grafting injections.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers

You should start out with maybe 1cc of filler and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Fuller Lips

It appears from your photo that you are an excellent candidate for Juvederm injections for the lips.  You will need one syringe to make the lips fuller and should have a completely beautiful and natural looking result.

Best Option for Fuller Lips

Thanks for your question and photo. Fillers like Restylane or Juvederm will make your lips fuller. For a more permanent option, fat grafting to the lips is another option. This is where fat is taken from some areas of the body and inserted into the lips. 

German Newall, MD

Perlane® and Juvederm UP XC® are the current gold standard fillers for lip enhancement. For a large, "full lip" style, you may need 1-5cc of filler, which can be injected all at once, or on a few different office visits. As this is an advanced injection technique, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question, soimthequeen. Full lips have always been a sign of beauty and, although you would like the lips of a certain celebrity, the best looking result for you would be lip augmentation that fits your face in proportion and symmetry. Injectables are certainly a temporary option while lip surgeries are a more permanent option. I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, skill, care and treatment available.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jolie lips

Hi Soimthequeen.  Thanks for your question and your image.  You have a pretty lip shape centrally, and pleasing proportion between your upper and lower lip.  You may benefit from lip augmentation, conservatively putting volume centrally, but really concentrating on the lateral aspects of your lip, to provide more balance.  Many plastic surgeons favor juvederm, as it is quite soft in the lip.  Consider a formal consultation and best of luck!

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon