I'm male and had rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago to make my nose smaller. Will my nose tip go down and get smaller?

Although, now my tip is high up and doesn't really match the top part of the nose. It looks like the top part of my nose is really small compared to the tip. Also, my nose is a little curved from the side view. Will all of this change and look more natural? I'm not sure if this is because of the swelling or not. Thanks in advance

Rhinoplasty

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have so they can give you a physical examination. You are extremely early in your recovery period and your nose will begin healing and changing, this will continue over the course of a year to year and a half. Swelling can cause the appearance of unevenness or enlargement. It takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. If after 12-18 months, you are still unhappy with your results, I would contact your surgeon or a board certified plastic surgeon for a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

It is really too soon to judge your results. It will take months for the swelling to completely resolve and the tip is the last area to heal. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers. If, at 6 moths post op, you still aren't happy with your results then schedule a consultation with your surgeon to discuss.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

This is a very common complaint after surgery and you are not alone! The tip retains swelling to a greater degree and for longer than the rest of the nose. The tip also will "drop" just a touch so you will pleasantly surprised as the swelling comes out and the tip settles. Be patient, the process takes 6-12 months. Hope that helps!

Jeffrey Watson, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Post-Op Healing

Hello and thank you for your question! After undergoing a rhinoplasty, swelling is very common. Typically, I encourage patients to wait the full recovery time which can be months in order to allow adequate healing and for the swelling to subside. It is important to address these concerns with your surgeon. Best wishes!