How do I improve my overall skin texture? Is 29 too young for thermage?

How do I improve my overall skin texture... is 29 too young for thermage??

There are a lot of solutions for skin texture improvement.

It’s
hard to say if Thermage® is the right answer for you without a photo or knowing
your specific concerns, but I can say there isn’t any particular age where the
treatment suddenly becomes relevant. There are also many other options when it
comes to improving your skin tone and texture, depending on what your goals
are. For example, chemical peels can help your complexion look smoother and
more toned, while an acne facial would clear up any blemishes. Laser resurfacing
can be used to diminish freckles and other hyperpigmentation and also improves
skin tone and texture. My suggestion is to visit a board certified
dermatologist who can work out a customized treatment plan for you.

Improvement in Skin Texture

29 is not too early to start treating your skin.

Thermage uses focused radiofrequency energy to stimulate the body’s own natural renewal process utilizing gentle vibrations interspersed with a cooling sensation to make your treatment more comfortable. A Thermage treatment can help improve the appearance of sagging or loose skin giving you a smoother, younger look with just one treatment and no down time.

If you wanted improvement in your skin texture then I would recommend a resurfacing procedure. A resurfacing treatment will remove the top dead layer of skin and bring up new healthy skin. There are several options and recommendations would be dependent on your skin type.

It is best to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see what treatment is appropriate for you.

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Improving skin texture

I  would suggest you see a plastic surgeon to evaluate your skin and whether you are a candidate for Thermage.  Thermage targets loose, sagging skin by building collagen.  Based on your age, a good skin care regimen may be sufficient to meet your needs.   However, this is difficult to determine without evaluating you clinically.  It is great you are aware of your skin at a young age.  Taking care of your skin now and being diligent with sunscreen will reap big rewards down the line.  

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon