How much will my implants drop? (photos)

I am 5 days post op. I had 275cc moderate plus rounds and a lift. At the moment, the under boob crease isn't over lapping at all. (I had a lot of this sagging pre op) Will the implants drop enough to get that crease again? What can I do to prevent it?

Mastopexy implant

It is still very early postop and it will take some time before the implants drop. It will take a few months and I would keep in touch with your PS. All loooks appropriate at this time.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Post operative recovery

Congratulations on recent breast surgery.  You are in the very early stages of your post operative recovery and its too early to be concerned or to predict your final results.  Over the coming months you can expect your breast tissue to soften and settle and during this time you will notice changes in size, shape and appearance.  I always advise my patient to be patient!

Post-Op Healing to Reach Desired Shape

Healing should being with the patient going home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

So, after 5 days you still have plenty more healing in progress but if you find any concerns or worries as healing goes on it is best to visit your surgeon. You will be able to have the area examined to make sure that healing is progressing properly. Good luck.

How much will my implants drop?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/ lifting procedure. Based on your photographs, your plastic surgeon has done a nice job for you and you have a very nice outcome.  Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to the use of dressings and/or supportive bra.  In my practice, I would suggest you continue to use protective dressings and supportive bra for at least a few more weeks.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long term.

How much will implants drop

Thanks for your question.   There is no way to predict how much that they will drop.  It is entirely too early for you to be concerned as it looks like you are off to a nice start.  It will be about 6 months until you know what the final shape will be.  Best of luck to you. 

Jeffrey G. Lind II, MD
The Woodlands General Surgeon