I had BA with 320cc teardrop shaped silicone implants 12 months ago. (Photo).

I always expressed that I did not want large breasts and now I am wanting to reduce the size if it is an easy thing to do. I find the breasts are a hindrance when running and seem out of proportion to my narrow shoulders. I am 46 years old.

IMHO

You made a wrong decision enlarging your breasts; from the pics I would say you have a slight augmentation, your surgeon DID follow with accuracy your instructions and indeed has achieved the wishes you expressed: minor degree of enlargement.

I understand you regret now, it is ok, but blaming your surgeon is not fair this time, he did what you wanted.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing breast implants

"Large" is a subjective term but we are seeing more requests lately for downsizing, for a variety of reasons. Here are some things to consider:
  • Reduce the implant size by at least 100 cc to see a noticeable difference
  • Ask your plastic surgeon whether a lift will be needed with downsizing your implants
  • Recovery should be easier than with your original surgery but it depends on several things

Richard Baxter, MD

Breast Implant Exchange

Implant exchange can easily be done.  To see any difference you need to drop down at least 100 cc.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon prior to surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

I had BA with 320cc teardrop shaped silicone implants 12 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. You should be able to undergo downsizing of breast implants. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for. Breast lifting may or may not necessary. Much will be dependent on your physical examination; specifically, factors such as the amount of redundant skin and quality of skin elasticity will be important.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "down a cup size” or "proportionate" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary, specifically downsizing, breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Revision Breast surgery

Thank you for your questions and photo.  You can downsize your implants by @100cc and it should feel more proportionate for you.  Seek an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs a lot of breast surgeries (especially revisions)

Milind K. Ambe, MD