I am after some advice about loose neck skin that I have developed in the last year or so. I'm 38 years old. (photos)
Doctor Answers 6
A non-invasive skin tightening treatment such as the Titan laser may help.
Thanks for your post. You seem to have some asymmetry but this may be because of the way the photo's were taken. Without a full consult it is difficult to assess what would be best for you.
It would be good if you went and saw a qualified and experienced surgeon to go over what options you have.
Non surgical neck rejuvenation options
- Surgical Neck lift* with a Lower Facelift would be the gold standard and gets the best overall results
- Surgical Neck lift* which removes skin from behind the ears and back hairline would be the next best procedure
- Neck liposuction and/or laser lipolysis if only fat removal is required, typically in a younger patient. (A platysmaplasty can be added for further muscle tightening)
- Ultherapy is an FDA approved non invasive tightening using ultrasound technology
- Kybella is a new FDA approved injection that melts fat under the chin
- Botox to the platysma bands to decrease their activity and show
It looks like you are lying down so hard to get accurate assessment. Based on the image and your age, it may be a little early for neck lifting. Botox may help hide the bands and ultherapy to tighten the skin. But, a platysmaplasty could be an option as well. would talk to several board certified surgeons experienced in face and neck rejuvenation to discuss your options in person
You might also like...
Loose neck skin in a 38 year old
Non invasive options first
Neck Skin and Platysmal Bands -- VASER Hi Def Liposuction/ThermiRF, Venus Legacy/Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox/Dysport
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.