Not happy with my new $14k imbalanced breast done 12wk ago. Can revision of some sort be done to fix it? (Photos)

7wk post op after starting silicone I noticed asymmetry of incision site 1cm difference causing left breast to appear lower and more evident now. I feel left breast drooping into armpit when lie down, I don't dare wear low tops out and really don't know what to do. I've consulted with my Dr on the 11th week post op as he's super busy but I feel him avoiding the problem and cut short our consult without a plan. He promised to contact me to continue discussion and offer solution but didn't happen.

Not happy with my new $14K imbalanced breast done 12 weeks ago.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry that your current results have not been what you anticipated.  Without an in-person examination, nor preoperative pictures, it is difficult to offer definite advice.  I would allow your results at least six months to mature, and then reassess your breast asymmetries. If significant differences exist you would likely need a revision procedure, such as narrowing, or elevating the implant pocket on the left side.  Currently your tissues are not healed sufficiently to be able to perform any additional work.  Hope this helps.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Unhappy with breast augmentation result

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• I am sorry you are unhappy -
  • Without before photos, one can't comment.
  • It is quite likely that, like many women, your breasts are slightly differently placed on your chest which has nothing to do with your surgery - it is how you developed. 
  • It can take time for implants to settle in place and see your final result - generally six months.
  • if the implant pocket is too large and they move under the arm, then you need a pocket revision
  • It is too early to do one - tissues will be swollen and hard to work with.
  • I suggest you get a second in-person opinion if you are dissatisfied with your current surgeon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast issue

It is too early to say as the breasts may change a bit with time as they settle. Best to be patient and give them more time to heal.

Implant revision at 12 weeks?

Thanks for your questions. It is common in the first few month for implants to settle differently. Side to side muscle thickness can vary and this can affect decent.Right or dominant side usually takes longer because the muscle is thicker. Breasts will never be identical, and  is early to consider revision at this stage. If the right side drops more the nipple to fold difference will become closer. I often recommend more stretching and massage of the dominant side to my patients. Don't give up on your PS. It is too early to make a surgical plan, but follow up is important.

Hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon