Not happy with my nose 2 weeks PO. Will my nose change still? (photo)

I had my nose done about two weeks ago. He didn't break the bone. But I am just not happy, to me I just look the same and see no difference. Everyone tells me to be patient but I am starting to get depressed, and look at other results and they look amazing. Will my nose change still ? Or is this what is will look like ? I know in the swelling will go down for a year but I just don't feel happy. Thank you

Rhinoplasty 2 Weeks Post Op

It can take months to a year for all the swelling to settle down.  Stay in good communication with your surgeon, as he guides you to a complete recovery.

Not happy with my nose 2 weeks PO. Will my nose change still?

If you underwent a simple rhinoplasty or correction of nasal tip operation it means that your cartilage or bone structures are not excised. Since the manipulation is minimal; the edema will be minimal also. Nasal buffers will not be applied after these operations but only strip bandages. These strip bandages will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise.

If you underwent rhinoplasty operation in which the bone and cartilage structures are also involved like concha hypertrophy, septum deviation or secondary rhinoplasty; then intranasal buffers will be applied in order to reduce the edema. These intranasal buffers will be removed after 5th postoperative day. You can continue to do your daily work just after the procedure but we do not advise you heavy lifting or excessive exercise. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

It is still too early to make a determination about the final result.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Rhinoplasty

I agree with opinions below, be patient and communicate with your surgeon the concerns you have.  Swelling will take time give it a few months for swelling to subside.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Unhappy with nose 2 weeks after rhinoplasty

It's impossible to tell you what your nose will ultimately look like after it has healed, but the appearance of your nose will definitely change more with time.  At 2 weeks after surgery, there still is a lot of healing to take place and it can take 6-12 months for this to take place.  Be sure to keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon so that your progress can be monitored.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Not happy after splint removed from nose

Two weeks is very early to assess the results of a a rhinoplasty . You still have some residual bruising present.. At this stage you should be taping the nose to prevent swelling from becoming fixed in your nose. If at 6 weeks when you see your surgeon you are not happy then review your preoperative digital imaging and discuss a revision in the fiture.