Hair transplant to facial scar? (Photo)

hi there i am considering getting a hair transplanted from my head to my facial scar. i have been advised that it may or may not work but worth trying to fill in my scar so that it is less noticeable. i would be grateful for any advice. thanks

Hair Transplant to Facial Scar

Generally, scar tissue has decreased vascularity (blood supply) and thus the survival rate of transplanted grafts in scar tissue is decreased.  I have performed many procedures like this with excellent results.  I would recommend the FUT/Strip method for this vs the FUE method as grafts obtained via the FUT method are more complete in general as they are microscopically dissected vs blindly punched.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scalp MicroPigmentation

Hair transplant surgery to facial scars can work but only if you grow a beard long enough to cover the scar.
If you are keeping your beard short as you do in the photo, a hair transplant surgery likely will not help.

Scalp MicroPigmentation can work well in these cases.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Facial scar

There are two ways to treat this: (1) a hair transplant will fill in the scar, but leave a white background to the scar even if it is covered with hair. (2) the use of scalp micropigmentation works very well for this, See web reference below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scar hair transplant

Due to reduced blood circulation to the scar Area there is a 30 percent chance of grafts not to take. However we have done scar tranplant same size as yours in the past and it has been successful, there is a small chance that you may need additional procedures, but in smaller session.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon