Cost of Abdominoplasty and Breast Lift after SWL?

3 mths PO VSG 30kg down, 2 previous cesareans and tummy already looks rather sad. I'd like to start saving for a tummy tuck and breast lift (no augmentation) for once I've reached goal weight and stabilised, but have no idea what sort of cost to expect. I'm in NSW but wouldn't be against going to QLD as I have been told surgery there is cheaper. Have top hospital PHI. Could I also please have item numbers for surgeon and anaesthetist to research the schedule fees/rebates avaiable? Thank you!!
See average cost for Mommy Makeover

To find doctors in your local area, please

click here.

#mummymakeover

Hi. You sound like a good candidate for a TT and breast lift. The item numbers you need to check for ypur insurance are 30177 and 45558. There are strict criteria for both which you can read on my website. Costs vary depending on a number of things however a guide to the minimum out of pocket costs would be $8-10 000. We cater to interstate patients. 

Regards

Damien

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Cost of abdominoplasty in breast lift as part of mommy makeover.

As others have commented cost can be quite variable depending on your particular situation in the surgeon you choose. Expect to pay $10,000-$12,000 for these two procedures if you are otherwise uncomplicated.

Cost of Abdominoplasty and Breast Lift

Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?            3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery           4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Cost of abdominoplasty and breast lift?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Unfortunately costs can only be estimated as the best dollar figure depends on an in-person examination to determine the procedures needed to obtain your desired results as well as the amount of anticipated surgical time.  In the US you can anticipate costs to range from 8-13K or more.  Best to see a series of ASPS board certified plastic surgeons in your area to have a better idea as to the costs in NSW and QLD.  Best wishes.

Congratulations on having undergone the bariatric surgery and your successful weight loss thus far. You are wise in achieving a long-term stable weight, and maintaining it for a few months, prior to undergoing the planned procedures.

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with your national Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Mommy Makeover Combined Procedures and Cost

The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

The cost will depend upon the type of tummy tuck anesthesia skill find an experience of the surgeon. There’ll be regional differences. Approximate costs can be found on real self, and other websites such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Payment plans can be offered through Care Credit, local banks, credit cards, and other companies such as Prosper.  Some plans have 12-18 months interest free. Since the procedure costs are usually specific to the surgeon and practice it would be good to seek out different local surgeons to receive quotes during consultation. 

Plan tummy tuck and breast lift

Thank you for asking about your abdominoplasty and breast lift.

1. You should not have any surgery until you have lost all your weight and maintained it for at least 3 months.
  2. You would need to contact specific surgeons to find out their estimated costs -
  3. Surgical fees vary depending on the extent of the correction.
  4. You may be need a consultation to be given a cost.
  5. To find a qualified plastic surgeon, go to the website of the Royal College of Australasian Plastic Surgeons.
  6. It is generally sensible to choose your surgeon by her/his qualification and ability and reputation, rather than on cost.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS