CoolSculpting for overfilled fat transfers to face?

Has this been done? There is serious problem for those, like myself that fat grafting to face simply looks awful. And if this is a potential solution, how long after the procedure this can be done safely. Grafted fat has a different composition to local/facial fat, and they may have different temperature response. What are the dangers of normal facial fat being "melted"/frozen before grafted one.

CoolSculpting to face for overdone fat transfers, option?

Thank you for the question,. Sorry to hear that you do not like your results.  CoolSculpting has an attachment that is appropriate for the area under the chin.  It is not approved for use on the face.  It is FDA approved and has applications throughout the body, (arms, abdomen, legs, etc.).   Best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Otolaryngologist, (ENT), to evaluate what your options might be.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is not FDA approved for the face, Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your question. So sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately, this is not recommended. I would recommend speaking to a board certified plastic surgeon. This way, you can explain your concerns, explore different options, and find an option that fits you best.
Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Coolsculpting to face - Don't do it

It is not at all recommended to do this. Laser liposuction or Thermi is a better choice for this problem. Overfill from fat grafting occurs for 2 reasons - too much fat was placed or the patient has weight gain, and the fat increases in size. Coolsculpting is not a fine enough device to precisely remove the fat in an aesthetic manner in the face.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Coolsculpting on the Face

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results. Coolsculpting is only cleared for use under the chin and other areas on the body, not the face. I would recommend to followup with your surgeon to discuss your concerns. 

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

CS for the face

I would recommend you discuss you concerns with your surgeon.  I have not used CS for facial areas, and it is not approved for this purpose (other than beneath the chin).  Given the shape of available applicators and the contour of the face, I doubt this would be effective and would not recommend it.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Cool Sculpt Following Fat Grafting

I would seek a follow up first with your surgeon about your results and come to a solution for what makes you happy first with the surgery you already had. Cool Sculpting has not been studied to be used in this way and is only approved for the fat directly under the chin anyway. I doubt this would be a helpful tool to correct the issues you have although I have not seen a picture. If you were my patient I would definitely want to see you in follow up and try to help you 

Timothy Treece, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon