Is coolsculpting the best option for me? (photo)

I am 22 years old and live a healthy lifestyle, however I have stubborn areas of fat around my flanks/waist that exercise/healthy eating can't seem to get rid of. I have considered liposuction, however I am terrified of the recovery/risks associated with it. Attached is a current photo of my mid section, and an enhanced version of what I would like it to look like. Do you think this would be achievable with coolsculpting? If so, how many treatments do you think I would need? Thank you.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is quite effective particularly in fit patients with focal trouble spots.  You will first begin to see results as early as 3-4 weeks and then continually out 3-4 months after treatment. The process takes time due to the nature in which CoolSculpting works. Once your fat cells are frozen (dead) they are excreted through your lymphatic system. This is a natural process and your body is already fully equipped to handle the destroyed fat cells and remove them.

CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is a great option for people at or near their ideal weight who just want to get rid of small areas of fat or contour their body. The results are not as dramatic as liposuction (usually 20-25% reduction of fat after one treatment), but the recovery time is less. To determine if you are a good candidate and how many treatments you would need to obtain your desired result, an in-person consultation is necessary. I recommend visiting a board-certified dermatologist who can evaluate you in person and help you find the best treatment option for your individual case. 

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Coolsculpting and Abdomen/Flanks

Thank you for posting your photos.  You appear to be an excellent candidate for Coolsculpting.  You are in excellent shape and only have a small area that needs to be addressed.  It appears from the photo that only one session would be needed.  Please consult a board certified experienced dermatologist.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting effective for you

Thank you for your pictures and inquiry. I feel that you would be an excellent candidate for the procedure. It's important that your examined to determine the areas, applicators which would give you the desired results. I Would recommend seeing a doctor certified in cool sculpting. I wish you the best of luck.

dr Kotis 

John A. Kotis, DO, FACS, FACOS

CoolSculpting

Hi, there!  Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you would be an excellent candidate for CoolSculpting and that your goals for the procedure are very reasonable; however, the best way to give true advice is an in-person exam.  There are a variety of CoolSculpting applicators that are specifically designed for targeted sculpting and debulking, therefore, a comprehensive in-person assessment of your natural contours and fat distribution is necessary to properly determine treatment requirements that will provide optimal results and best achieve your goals.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative body contouring.  

Dr. Schwartz

Is CoolSculpting effective?

From your photos,  you appear to be an excellent candidate for CoolSculpting.  Various applicators are available to fit different body types, thickness of fat, and areas of the body. An examination ion can tell you which applicators would be best for you, but I believe you will want to have four medium-sizes  applicators placed in a diamond pattern around your umbilicus. You may wish to treat the flanks as well with medium to small-sized applicators. You should be very happy with your results

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Coolsculpting for flanks

Yes, Coolsculpting is great for this area. I would say that 1 or 2 treatments on each side would achieve the results you are looking for. It is a noninvasive permanent fat reduction of about 25 percent per treatment.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Coolsculpting as an option

Coolsculpting is probably a great option for you.  But you need to have a Coolsculpting consultant evaluate you first.  Another option is Ultrashape.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculpting with Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting, along with your healthy eating and exercise regimen, can be an excellent tool for sculpting the love handles and stomach and achieving a more desirable shape.  It's impossible to know without a in-person examination and consultation if you would be a good candidate for Coolsculpting.  If you have enough fat to grab properly and therefore pull into the applicator then Coolsculpting could be the perfect treatment for you.  Schedule an appointment for a consultation in order to get an answer that is specific to your questions and needs.  Good luck.   

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting The Love Handles

CoolSculpting can be a great treatment to give women a sculpted hourglass shape like you desire. The main question would be do you have enough fat that can be pulled into the appropriate CoolSculpting applicator to treat you. This can only be determined through an in-person evaluation by an experienced CoolSculpting provider in your area. You may be able to achieve the results you want with 1-2 treatments. Best of luck to you.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon