Could I have capsular contracture or is there something else going on? Will I need a revision? (Photos)

I had a BA on June 10th this year, high profile Natrelle, 485cc, submuscular. I did everything the surgeon said to do post op. I'm now just over 13 weeks. Surgeon said my skin was very tight (as I went from an A Cup) but my left boob has not dropped, and they are both too high. My left feels soft underneath, and is bulging close to the armpit. Both boobs feel firm from the top, and will not budge. I wore a bandeau for 6 weeks and they went down only slightly. Can you advise? Please help.

Could I have capsular contracture or is there something else going on? Will I need a revision?

Thank you for your question.   If the left side implant was this high soon after surgery and has not changed the problem may well be that the pocket was not made large enough and low enough.  It is early for severe capsular contracture but that of course is possible.  Either way a revision will be necessary but you may want to wait until 6 months.  Please discuss this in detail in a non-threatening way with your plastic surgeon and begin discussions for a revision.

Implant capsule contracture

You definitely have a severe capsule contracture.  It is best managed with creating a new pocket beneath the old one.  All the best  Talmage Raine MD FACS  drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Implant malposition vs capsular contracture

Hi,
So soon after the initial surgery and with an implant that appears too high on the left I would suggest the most likely cause is an under dissected pocket. If this is the case a surgical revision will be likely and is something that needs to be reviewed by your treating surgeonJeremy Hunt 

Breast asymmetry

Thanks for your inquiry, it is more likely that you have implant malposition than encapsulation. I think only a minimal amount of change can be expected over the next couple of months, but still wait before any revision attempt.  

Malposition of implants

You certainly don't have capsular contracture, way too early for that.The right implant position looks fine however the left is sitting way too high with the IMF crease sitting too high as well.
I very much doubt this will correct itself, I would recommend chatting with your surgeon and asking him/her to give you a timeline to correct it.
I hope this helps and good luck.

Implant Malposition vs. Contracture

While it is difficult to make a definitive diagnosis based upon photos alone, it would seem that you are dealing with a malposition rather than capsular contracture. An early contracture, while not impossible, is uncommon. Additionally, the fact that this problem has been evident since the immediate post-op period suggests malposition.Malposition is generally treated via surgical revision and adjustment of the pocket. Occasionally a high-riding implant is due to inadequately released muscle.As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Could I have capsular contracture or is there something else going on? Will I need a revision

I would give it another 3 months,  you can still settle in, especially if their were smooth implants.  If after another 3 months reveals no change, a surgical revision with an enlargement of the pocket on the left will be required most likely.

Julio Garcia, MD

BA with implant malposition

So as you are just 13 weeks out, it is possible to have early cap con, more likely and based upon story you have implant malposition, those implants are likely to big for your base width and the pockets were not dissected to accommodate such a large high profile implant. You will need a revision at this point. Going back to your surgeon is a good place to start, but you will likely need to find a different surgeon to perform the revision if this is how you ended up after your first surgery.

#implant

Hi.  The most likely diagnosis is an implant malposition and needs surgery to correct it.  Make sure your surgeon was a board certified member of the Australian society of plastic surgeons or else seek a 2nd opinion.Regards
Damien

Malpositioned implant

Hi there, Thank you for your question and photographs. From what I can see the apparent asymmetry of your left breast is most likely related to a malposition of your implant. Generally this is something that is only amenable to surgical revision, may well require a pocket position revision as well. Its best that you see your plastic surgeon and get some advice regarding this matter. Good luck