Would my breasts require a lift as well as implants, or will implants be enough to get the look I desire? (photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 9
Implants vs lift
Your photos look like you will do fine with implants alone. I would suggest that you consider anatomical (teardrop) implants as they are more likely to accommodate your existing breast skin shape. You may need to go bigger than smaller so that you fill your existing skin envelope.
Dr Gavin Sandercoe
Breast lift not needed
Dr. Marcus Peterson
You might also like...
Breast lift with implants
Would my breasts require a lift as well as implants, or will implants be enough to get the look I desire?
Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, it appears that you can achieve a natural look with breast augmentation alone. Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!
Lift with or without implants
Patients who goes to a consultation for drooping breasts (ptosis) or volume loss after pregnancy (pseudoptosis) almost always have one very important question. "Can my drooping be corrected with just implants or do I need a lift".
Implants alone will correct drooping when:
- Breast drooping is mild
- The nipple is still near the center breast and does not point downward
- There is some visible skin beneath the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
- The patient is okay with being at least a cup size larger
- Breast drooping is moderate or severe
- The nipple is at the bottom of the breast or points downward
- There is no visible skin under the nipple/areola when looking at the breasts straight on.
- The patient is already a C or D cup breast size and doesn't want to be larger
- The areola is too large and the patient wants it reduced
I use implants in combination with a lift when:
- The patient wants to be larger in addition to being less droopy
- The patient desires to maintain projection and roundness of the breast mound
- The drooping is severe..... I recommend to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and also to talk about your goals. Good luck :)
Breast lift vs breast implants
Mastopexy versus augmentation
Often implants can help improve the VOLUME of a breast and they do also affect the shape of the breast, soon after surgery and even down the road. Often a mastopexy is used to change the SHAPE of a breast. Sometimes these procedures can be done at the same time and sometimes they are staged, meaning they are done at two different times. Good luck! MMT