Do I need a breast lift or is BA enough? Is high profile submuscular 275cc suitable for me? (Photo)

I am 5'5 tall 60kg 38 yrs. I had my first consult with my PA for TT and BA. He suggested I get HP 275cc textured round implants. I want to be a DD or more as I'm already 34D ( 12D) He said my nipple position is above line so nipple reposition isn't needed. are my nipples too low though? Am I better off getting a BA? Are these implants big enough to get me to a DD? Will I have cleavage with these implants? Also with my TT he also said he wouldn't reposition my belly button. Is that normal?

Lift with implants?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It does appear that you would need a breast lift.  Without a physical evaluation, it is difficult to tell you what you would benefit most from in terms of implant size, so be sure that your plastic surgeon is board certified and an expert in the procedure.  During the tummy tuck procedure, I create a new belly button.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

BA with or without lift

This is one of the most common questions that comes up on RS.

I would disagree with your PS, I think your nipple appears to be either at or just below your fold and you have a significant amount of breast tissue below your fold.

With an implant alone you would be likely to have a degree of double bubble or snoopy dog appearance.

The dilemma is always the additional scars so it is a choice you would have to make between additional scaring versus better shape.

With regards to your belly button, it is rare not to have to move it at all, but that is something that would require a physical examination.

All the best

Richard

Lift vs Implant

Hi 

Thanks for your question

You have a long nipple to clavicle distance and I believe a round implant (HP 275) won't give you enough lift to get a proper shape and feel you will still have slightly ptotic shape (and not the cleavage you desire). You could achieve a better shape using a tall height anatomical / high profile implant - but often to fill the breast properly you would require about 400-450cc implant. If this is too big an implant than you may be better off having a smaller round implant and lift to achieve the result your after

Also looking at the photo of your abdomen - you have a long abdomen and your skin looks good. You may benefit from having liposuction only or with a small / mini tummy tuck in which the belly button is not repositioned. If you have a full tummy tuck you will likely have a small vertical scar from the old belly button as it may not be fully removed 

Hopefully this helps 

Opinion

Thank you for your question.  It's close to needing a lift, but I don't think you need one unless you wanted your nipples to be higher.  However, I think you are going to need a bigger implant to achieve your goals.  I would also recommend a "shaped" or tear drop implant given your slight Ptosis.

John D. Symbas, MD

Do I need a breast lift or is BA enough? Is high profile submuscular 275cc suitable for me?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Need a lift?

Hi Funxstar

I think your nipple position is borderline for a lift. With a round implant, unless it is placed low on your chest, I think you will be unhappy with your final shape without a lift. You may get a reasonable shape with a high projecting anatomical/teardrop implant.

275cc implants in a D cup breast should get you to your desired DD (although I never make promises on cup sizes, as they are too variable between brands of bra). It is likely that you will have cleavage with your chosen implants, although that will be more determined by your choice of under vs under muscle and the amount of fat on your upper and medial poles of your breast.

Not repositioning your belly button in a TT sounds very abnormal to me. It suggests that the doctor that you saw is not planning to do any muscle repair or fat shaping above the belly button. In my mind that is only half doing the job, and I see several patients each year with bad results from cutting corners such as this.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe