Follow-up: Can I get breast implants without a lift? (photos)

I have just stopped breast feeding - that and weight loss have left my breasts empty. Ideally I know a lift and implant would achieve a better result however woukd it be possible for me to get implants now and a lift down the track after having another child which I could see happening maybe in 3/4 years time? I hate these empty breasts and just want them to be fuller and to feel better about myself. I would be realistic about the results without a lift.

It would mainly depend on what type of outcome are you looking for..

Thanks for your photos and your question. 

Your doubt is very common and it is one of the reasons I always ask my patients to send me photos of breasts that they consider "ideal". According to those photos, I can acknowledge what shape/size of breast she is aiming for. If you're wanting for very natural looking breasts, than a lift may be avoided, or a donut lift (periareolar lift) can do the job. If that's not the case and you want well lifted breasts, then at least a lollipop (vertical scar lift) would be needed. 

Hope this clears your doubts a little. If not, feel free to contact me. 

Take good care, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Follow-up: Can I get breast implants without a lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively.By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

BA no Lift

Thank you for the question and photos. It sounds like you might achieve a result which meets your goals with implants alone. The best way to find out what the most appropriate approach is for you is to meet with a Plastic Surgeon in person and have them take measurements and assess your tissue. You could always consider the lift option down the road when you are finished with childbirth.

All the best

#mastopexy or not

Hi

The key thing is what sort of outcome you are happy to accept.  You have answered all of your questions already and you seem like a very realistic patient.  In a nutshell you are a borderline case but ultimately would get a better result with a lift and implant to address the droop and the loose skin of your lower pole.  You could have an implant alone and accept a result which is not as good with respect to shape and volume but without the scars.  My advice if you go down this route is to have a textured round subglandular implant thsat may be bigger than you wish.

Regards
Damien

Breast implants without a lift is an option in a mildly ptotic breast.

Greetings,

Looking at your photos, it appears that you can obtain an acceptable result with proper implant selection and surgical technique using just breast implants. You must match your expectations with what your surgeon determines to be an anticipated outcome.

An examination could confirm this.  A consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon would help you decide if larger and slightly lower breasts will meet your needs until after childbearing is done in your family.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Can I get breast implants without a lift? Perth, Australia

Thank you for your question and images. Given your nipple position you could achieve nice results with a breast augmentation alone. I do agree though you have excess skin inferiorly but depending on the volume of the implant this should take up nicely. An augmentation first and then a lift later if necessary is a good approach. Be sure to consult with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon. Good luck.

Regards
Dr Guy Watts

Shape versus volume

Often implants can help improve the VOLUME of a breast and they do also affect the shape of the breast, soon after surgery and even down the road. Often a mastopexy is used to change the SHAPE of a breast. Sometimes these procedures can be done at the same time and sometimes they are staged, meaning they are done at two different times. Good luck! MMT

Based on your photos you can achieve a nice looking result with breast augmentation alone. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Staging breast implants

Hi Illyrm

Having implants now and planning a lift later on is feasible as long as you are prepared to live with the shape of your breasts as you wait for the lift.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

Breast Implants without a Lift

Thank you for posting photos to better help answer this question. I am glad you are aware that implants with a breast lift would provide the perkiest breasts in this situation. That being said, placing implants alone would create a fuller and rounded breast, addressing some of your concerns. Your nipple is not far enough down your breast to where you absolutely need a lift. If you are okay with your current nipple location then a breast augmentation would just fill out the remainder of the breast tissue. This does not burn any bridges as many patients can still undergo a lift in the future with pre-existing implants. I wish you luck in determining if this procedure is right for you.

P. Craig Hobar, MD