Breast implant sitting too high? (Photo)

My left breast implant seems to be sitting much higher than the right. The right breast is slowly taking shape with the nipple raised whilst the left breast is starting to sag and has a significant bump. I am trying to massage it down but honestly have no idea what I'm doing and it can be a little uncomfortable.. Anything that will help please??

Breast implant sitting too high

Thank you for submitting your question. You are very early in your recovery from breast augmentation surgery. Your implants will soften and your breasts will change over the next several weeks. Your breasts will look larger as the implants "settle" lower on the chest wall. Final results take 6 months. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Best wishes

Implant settling

Hi Loving Mummy

It may be as simple and your right side settling faster than your left. Unless something drastic is happening, I advise all patients to wait out 6 months before getting too anxious about final results. The massage will help, and an implant stabiliser band may also help.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercie

Breast implant too high?

Just remember that no 2 breasts ever look the same and no 2 breasts ever heal at the same rate. Best to give your body adequate time to heal and to follow up closely with your operating surgeon so you can be examined in person. Good luck!

Breast Implant Positioning

You did not mention how far out you are from surgery but based on your surgical dressings I would guess that your surgery is pretty recent?? If so, you must give yourself more time to heal. It is quite common for the implants to appear to be sitting too high and they will drop down over time. Follow-up with your plastic surgeon and he/she can guide you through recovery. 

#PlasticSurgery #BreastAug #Implants #BreastImplants #choosingimplants #surgeryrecovery

Implant too high??

Hi,

I would discuss this with the surgeon who performed the procedure to  ease yuor concerns.

It is too early to comment on the final result though, and time will tell.  It is likley the implant will descend to some degree and the result be what you are looking for.

All the best

Jeremy Hunt

Too early to tell

You cannot assess your final result for a minimum of 3 months, and it's not uncommon to have some healing asymmetry. Be patient, and discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Best of luck.

Breast implant sitting too high?

Hi, LovingMummy.  Thanks for your question and photos.  Based on your photos, your surgery seems very recent.  It takes 6 weeks for the most of the swelling to decrease.  It may take up to 3-6 months for implants to settle.  Please follow your plastic surgeon's post-op instruction.  Good luck with your recovery.

Breast implant settling over time

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, it is way too early to make any decisions about how your breast will look. It takes weeks to months to see what is happening. Also the PS technique will also influence how quickly they settle, as well as the size of implants, your natural tissue quality and characteristics. As they settle, your breast mounds will dramatically change. Then after they have settled you may always go larger if you like.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Implant too high

It looks like your are very early after surgery. It takes a month or two for the muscle to relax and allow the implant to drop into the pocket made for it. Ask your Plastic Surgeon about straps and/or massage and stretching that may facilitate this sooner. Best of luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  How long has it been since your surgery?  It appears as though it is still very early in the healing process.  You need to give yourself about three months before assessing the results of your surgery.  Your implants should drop and your breasts should reduce in swelling during this time.  Please be patient and follow the instructions of your surgeon closely.  It is not uncommon for the breasts to drop at different rates as well.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL