Will I benefit from an arm lift? Will I need both a BA and BL? (Photo)

I am 26 I have lost 70kgs! (No children) Now I want to fix my damaged body. I haven't shown my arms in 15 years!! Will I need a lift with implants? Am I able to undergo lift with/without implants and an arm lift at the same time? Will these procedures help with the sagging skin in my pits? Is there any recommendations on a Plastic Surgeon in the Sydney area (Australia)

Great work

Firstly, congratulations on a tremendous achievement. Hopefully the weight loss is the hardest thing you will need to go through.In terms of your plastic surgery questions, given the degree of ptosis (sag) in your breasts, i think an uplift is the most important part of your rejuvenation surgery. You could of course, if you are happy with the size, do without an implant which may save you some further surgery in the future. I certainly dont think an implant alone will get you the result you want. It is certainly ok to have an arm lift at the same time. Its probably the best time to have it. Be aware though that the scars from an arm lift are impossible to hide surgically and will be noticeable if you raise your arms. They will look great in clothes of course. Have a look online at the range of scarring that can result from brachioplasty (arm lift) You will see a full range. There are ways of tightening the armpit skin in the same procedure. We are in the UK so I cant help you with a local surgeon unfortunately. Hope that helps. Adam Goodwin

Arm lift and breast lift

Congrats on your weight loss! Thank you for you question and pictures. It appears to me you can benefit from these procedures. If you do not want the implants and only want the lift, you can do that as well , the implants will provide volume up on top. I recommend a long scar arm lift to remove the excess skin and will give you the best result. best of luck! Consult carefully with a board certified PS.

Is a brachioplasty right for you?

From your photographs, it certainly seems like you would benefit from a full brachioplasty. Unfortunately, this requires a scar that goes all the way to your elbow. I don't think there is any other intervention you can do to produce and aesthetic, contoured arm.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift brachioplasty arm liposuction arm lift incision arm reduction breast lift armpit skin excision

Gooday Ashley, Congratulations on your significant weight loss. Good on ya!  Thank you for your history and your pictures. I would suggest you undergo a full arm lift or brachioplasty. The arm lift or brachioplasty procedure involves arm liposuction and an arm incision which extends from the armpit to the elbow. This will eliminate a significant amount of excess arm skin and fat. The incision in the armpit can also extend through the armpit and down the torso.  This excision eliminates most or if not all, of the redundant armpit skin. A fringe benefit of this procedure is much or sometime all, of the armpit hair is removed. During the arm lift, you can also have your breast procedure. Based on your weight loss and the shape of your breasts,  I would suggest a small round silicone implant and a breast lift. You may only need a donut mastopexy with a resulting scar just around the areola.  The arm procedure takes approximately 3 hours; the breast procedure may take 2 to 3 hours. These procedures should be performed under general anesthesia. No drains are used.  Usually these are performed on an outpatient basis.  However, based on the time under anesthesia, you may spend one night in a recovery center or hospital. I am part Australian, but practice in Beverly Hills.  I have many patients come from Australia to Los Angeles for their arm surgery. Patients are encouraged to stay five to seven days before they fly back home.If you have any further questions regarding arm lift, arm reduction, brachioplasty, or breast surgery, please contact our office. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen.

Will I benefit from an arm lift? Will I need both a BA and BL?

Yes, you will likely need an arm lift. Sometimes, circumferential liposuction can work. It can also help with sagging pits. You can usually have the breast lift at the same time. I would do that before getting implants. I know an excellent plastic surgeon in Sydney, Nova Scotia, but not in Sydney, Australia.

Mahmood Kara, MD

Thank you for your question. I do not have a recommendation for a plastic surgeon in your area, but I'd like to share my thoughts.Congratulations on the weight loss, first of all. Without a physical exam and looking at your photos, I believe you would definitely benefit from having an arm lift and a breast lift. It is possible to do those together. In regards to doing a breast lift with or without implants, the question we need to answer is if you like the size of your breasts or not. If you wish to go bigger, then a breast lift with breast implants would be the way to go. If you like the size of your breasts, but want them to be a bit fuller on the top and your nipples in a more ideal position, then I would recommend a breast lift (mastopexy) with auto-augmentation. I do this regularly for my patients who want to rejuvenate their breasts without implants. Simply put, instead of removing any breast tissue, I rearrange the tissue, so that you get back the fullness at the top and you do not lose any size to your breast.If you did the arm lift with the breast lift with auto-augmentation, it can be done together safely. The arm lift will be the surgery that requires more down time and a bit more discomfort, but I feel it is very manageable to get through.Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Congrats on your weight loss.  Based on your photos, it appears that you would be a good candidate for an arm lift and liposuction as well as a breast lift with implants.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Surgery after weight loss

Congrats on your weight loss. That is hard work! I would recommend implants with a lift for sure. You are also a good candidate for an arm lift and yes these can be done at the same time. Your augmentation and lift will improve your armpit area to some degree, but skin may need to be removed as a continuation of your arm lift. Find a board-certified plastic surgeon you trust in your area and good luck!

Congratulations on your significant weight loss. Based on your history and photographs, I think that you will likely be an excellent candidate for arm lifting as well as breast augmentation/lifting surgery. In my opinion, you will not do well with breast augmentation surgery done alone. Assuming you are in good health, these operations can be done at the same time safely. You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Arm lift and breast lift

Thanks for sharing your images and your storyI think you are a good candidate for an arm lift, which involves resection of redundant skin and liposuction.Regarding your breasts, i would recommend a lift and implant.I am located in Sydney, should you want a consultation please email info@drmoradi.com.au or call 1300669488.I hope this helps and good luck.