Advice needed, Mummy Makeover. (photos)

Iam 29 with 3 kids 8,6 and 1, I gained 30+ kg with each pregnancy and have lost it. Current weight 69kg and Won't budge any further. Do I need a full tummy tuck or a body lift or both? Will I achieve a flat stomach? Will I need a breast lift with a BA ? I'd like to look proportioned to my body between a full C - D cup. I'd also like liposuctionThighs,back rolls,muffin top Can all of the above be done in one surgery? Can you give me a estimated cost to achieve this makeover? Thank you

Mummy makeover - what do I need?

Hi,
Firstly congrats on the weight loss, and thanks for a good question.
A mummy makeover will be a combination of breast and abdominal surgery to restore/reconstruct  the body post weight loss and pregnancy.in your case the tummy will need a tummy tuck, and in the photos your are addressing the excess skin over the flanks so to correct this an extended abdominoplasty will be needed. From behind there is descent of the thigh and buttock and a lower body lift will address these areas as well.  the decision as to which procedure will be yours, and is easily demonstrated and explained at a consultation.
the breast surgery will depend on your desired cup size, and will likely need an implant on both sides, and i suspect a lift on one side only to  correct the difference in the nipple height. Again this will all depend on the examination, and your desires result.The two procedures being abdominal and breast can be combined and performed at the same time, and really it beams a case of tailoring the procedure to meet your needs and expectations.
i hope that is of some help - and all the best 

Jeremy Hunt

Mommy Makeover

Hi there Curious,
Firstly well done on your weight loss. This can be very challenging but you seem to have achieved a good body weight.
You are very difficult to assess from your photos, but let me give at a shot.
Firstly your breasts:
You appear to have some degree of asymmetry to your breasts, with some ptosis on the left side. Pic one appears to be a selfie and pics 3 and 5 shots in the mirror, so I think i have got the side right!!! This needs further physical assessment, but it is possibly you will need a lift on the left side, depending on the outcome you are trying to achieve. 
Secondly your Abdomen/Trunk
Really you can go either way with either a tummy tuck or a body lift. There is not really a good buttock pic, but pic 2 and 5 indicates a fair amount of lateral skin and pic 7 shows what appears to be some buttock ptosis. So I think you would do fine with a tummy tuck but probably better with a body lift. Again, an examination and further discussion of your aims is required.
Finally Liposuction.
This depends a bit on which way you go with abdominoplasty or body lift. Either way you certainly would benefit from liposuction to your lateral thigh, the other areas are likely to be excised in my view.
As to whether this could all be done at once. Surgeons will vary (as with everything) on this point. My view is to try and do as much in the one operation as possible up to about 7 hours, so this would probably be feasible.
Costs are impossible to estimate given the wide variety of options presented, as I am sure you would understand.
I would be happy to see you in our Melbourne office if you like, otherwise there are many surgeons in Sydney who perform this work.
Best wishes
Richard

Tummy tuck or body lift?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • You have done really well to lose your weight!
  • You definitely need a tummy tuck - and with that an some liposuction should have a flat stomach.
  • It doesn't look as though you need a back lift - an exam is needed.to be sure.
  • You don't seem to need a breast lift.
  • A tummy tuck, flank liposuction and a breast augmentation can definitely be done at one time.
  • Doing your side and back together really depends on your surgeon and does increase your risk of complications to some decree.
  • The cost varies from country to country - the best approach is to call a plastic surgeon's office in Sydney and ask the estimated total cost for a tummy tuck, three areas of liposuction and breast enlargement -
  • If they won't give you a rough estimate, you will need an consultation.
  • Here in the USA all costs included with gel implants, the average cost is probably $17,000.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. I am sure you will get super results with a Tummy Tuck and liposuction in all needed areas :-)You can do a Tummy Tuck and Lipo and Breast augmentation all in the same procedure depending on the amount of work. If it would complicate your situation then i would recommend you to first do the TT and lipo and later on the Breast augmentation. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy Makeover - Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for an extended tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. In addition, liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips. A breast lift +/- augmentation will improve the appearance of your breasts. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Candidate for a MM

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Mommy makeover

You are a great candidate for a full abdominoplasty, liposuction of your flanks/muffin tops and breast augmentation. Breast lift is most likely not necessary since you want to be on the larger size. Thigh liposuction can also be done in the same setting. Cost of the operation will vary depending on your location. Recommend an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Yegiyants

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Good Candidate for Mommy Makeover

First off, congratulations on completing the weight loss, and it definitely places you at candidacy for the mommy makeover. The best thing to do is schedule a consultation for which combination of procedures to bring your body back to the way you looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction.Now, it is most likely that the tummy tuck and breast lift with implants will be your best options. Abdominoplasty will address loose skin, excess fat and muscle weakness “diastasis recti”. This weakness tends to enlarge the waist in many women. After pregnancy if your belly button has a bulge or sticks out, it may be due to an umbilical hernia. Both of these conditions are corrected during a Tummy Tuck, which will bring in your waist line. On the other hand if only a small amount of skin is redundant in the lower tummy you may only need a fairly simple “mini-tuck” rather than the more extensive standard Abdominoplasty – which corrects all the conditions noted above. Additionally the best lift will provide wonderful results when too much loose skin and sagging, following pregnancy. This procedure essentially removes excess skin to tighten and lift the remaining skin and breast tissues. The incisions vary depending upon the amount of skin to be removed. Some women benefit from a combination of these two procedures called an “augmentation-mastopexy.” In a few women, breasts actually enlarge, especially if there is a post pregnancy weight gain, and a reduction and Mastopexy combination may be most appropriate.

Mummy makeover in Sydney

Hi Curious K
You should be able to get a flat stomach with a full tummy tuck, but a body lift will also help with thigh & buttock shape. The addition of the liposuction + breast lift+/- implants is all achievable in one operation. Cost estimates depend on lots of variables, and should only be offered after a full assessment & plan.
Good Luck
Dr Gavin Sandercoe