Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck (with Vaser lipo?). (photos)

Ive sent pics off to a few Drs for opinions. Some say yes to t/tuck some say not necessary as there's no loose skin, I should just have Vaser lipo on upper/lower abdomen & flanks. Confused! I feel I would benefit from tightening of muscles/ fascia. I have muscle separation . trying to lose weight .winding off Lexapro which can cause weight gain around and "pregnant looking " tummy. Any surgeons out there with and advice??

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) is a plastic surgery procedure designed to flatten the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat, and to tighten the abdominal wall.

Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does not respond to diet and exercise are candidates for abdominoplasty. Many patients complain that they cannot flatten their abdominal muscles through exercise, which also means a tummy tuck may be right for them.

Abdominoplasty candidates have:

·       excess abdominal skin which may sag

·       a disproportionate or protruding abdomen

·       weakened or separated abdominal muscles

·       excess fat concentrated in the abdomen

Other tummy tuck patients may recently have lost a lot of weight and need to have excess skin and tissue removed. Many women choose to have an abdominoplasty following pregnancy. Older patients may be candidates for a tummy tuck due to reduced skin elasticity, family traits, age, immobility.

While there may not be existing loose skin, there may also be excess fat that can be removed with liposuction to help make sure that the final results meet what you are looking for. If you find you are not completely in agreement with the surgeons you have met so far, then it would be good to continue seeking out local board certified plastic surgeons for consultations as to what the best procedure for your desired results would be. Good luck!

Tummy tuck

Thanks for sharing your images and story.

Of course you can get away with a tummy tuck, but you lose nothing by trying the liposuction option first to see if you like the results.

It is cheaper and has a quicker recovery.

If after you have loads of loose skin, then you can have a tummy tuck later.

I hope this helps

Tummy tuck

Based solely on your photos, you look as if you could benefit from a tummy tuck with a hernia repair. However, I would definitely recommend that you have an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss. One can only tell so much from a photo. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Abdominoplasty

Hi Maztan

If you have abdominal muscle separation, you will get your best results from a tummy tuck. Liposuction might help, but it is likely that you will be underwhelmed with your results.

Good Luck

Dr Gavin Sandercoe

VASER or abdominoplasty

Hi Maztan

Liposuction (of whatever type) can only thin down fat behind the skin. If you have deep internal fat, or your muscles are separated, then liposuction will be of limited benefit. Really the only way to advise you correctly is to examine you, and discuss the options from liposuction, tummy tuck or non-surgical fat freezing. 

Regards, Dr Steve Merten, Sydney

Lipo

Liposuction could remove some fat and improve the contour, but your stomach may still be convex.  And you have an umbilical hernia that could be repaired at the same time as your abdominoplasty should you choose to have that.  

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon