6 weeks post op, is my right breast bottoming out? (Photo)

Since my post op day one my breasts slightly looked different. It looks like my right breast is more placed towards to middle and it looks more flat then my left breast. Last week I started putting my arms up and I realized that my right nipple rises up and also the incision. I'm really worried.. do you think its bottoming out ? or is it part of the recovery? can it be fixed by itself? if not what do I have to do?

Implants bottoming out

Six weeks post operative is too early to be concerned.  From your photographs alone it looks as though you have achieved a good result.  It will take several months for your implants to settle before you see your final result.

6 weeks post op, is my right breast bottoming out?

I do not see bottoming out in the front view arms down. I think you will be fine. However it is important to follow up with your plastic surgeon for an in person exam as internet consults are just guesses.

No bottoming out

It is usual to have some differences and normally there is some asymmetry preop also. It does not look like there is bottoming out. It will take some time for the skin to stretch and the implants drop and the final shape to define itself. I would not be looking to do anything else at present but would stay in touch with your PS.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Worried About Breast Symmetry

From your arms down picture, you don't seem to have any bottoming out. Overall, you look like you will end up with a nice result. You should allow 3 to 6 months before worrying about the final results.

Too early to evaluate the outcome

At six weeks after surgery it is too soon to be concerned about the outcome.  The implants will continue to drop over a period of 6 months

You look like you are healing nicely, and I do not see any indications of bottoming out.  Over the next 3-6 months, your breasts will soften and change in shape as your implants drop so try to be patient and give it a few months before you re-evaluate.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to follow up with your surgeon just so photos can be taken and notes made regarding your concerns and also so your mind can be put at ease. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon