14 treatments, 2.5 years, only minor change to tattoo.

Hello, I've been trying to remove a black tattoo from my forearm. I've had 1 Q switch & 13 PicoSure goes over 2.5 years, with little change. It could still pass as the original. All the outlines are in tact, just a bit lighter. I had another black tattoo close to the same spot removed completely by the Q switch in 3 goes. Is it OK it's taking so long or should I look into a different laser? Thanks.

Picosure and power

This is not surprising... we have used both the Picosure and Revlite lasers- our protocol is Picosure first, as it removes tattoos faster than nano, then the laser runs out of power (even on BOOST), we then switch back to the old fashioned Q switch laser. Cynosure needs to provide an update and have more power in their Picosure. This laser has been out for 4 years, and not one update. If it was an iPhone, that would not be acceptable. IMO, either go back to nano QSL or swap to Picoway. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist