A week and a half post op- 350cc high profile anatomical under the muscle. Too high and close together? Is it normal? (photos)

A week and a half post op- 350cc high profile anatomical under the muscle. Too high and close together? Is it normal?

you are still very early in the healing process. It is common for implants to sit high initially; with time they will settle into place and become softer. Continue to follow up with your surgeon as directed. 

Good morning and thank you for your question.  It can be very normal for the implants to sit high after surgery, in fact most do.  I talk to my patients about "The Toothbrush Test".  That is to say that right now, when you brush your teeth, they're like two rocks, nothing moves.  In another few weeks when you brush your teeth the rocks will start to "jiggle"; at six weeks, a little more jiggling.  In all reality it will be at least 6 months before you "forget" about the implants.  And in that time the implants will be settling into the pocket and softening with the ridges at the tops becoming slopes.  Remember, it is one year to your final result so there is plenty of time left to heal.  Be sure to check in with your surgeon regularly as well to have your progress tracked.  I hope this helps and best of luck!

Dr. K.

Julie Khanna, MD FRCSC
Ontario Plastic Surgeon