I have swollen eyelids, weakness in arms and legs and tight sensation in neck 2 weeks after Botox. What should I do?
Doctor Answers 2
Side effects of Botox
These systemic side effects that you are describing are potentially quite serious. I suggest you consult a neurologist to see if the amount of Botox that was injected can cause these symptoms. Please let me know what happens.
- Botox can cause muscle weakness.
- In the amounts used for cosmetic treatment, the amounts give are so small that should not occur.
- You need to find out how many units you received. Cosmetic treatments are usually 10 - 60 units.
- Botox shouldn't cause swelling of the eyelids unless this is a true allergic reaction.
- There are other causes of muscle weakness.
- I suggest you see the doctor who injected you and if s/he cannot explain this, see a neurologist.