How can I tighten my loose belly? I just have a really small amount of fat, the rest is just loose skin. (photos)

Dear Doctors I really need your help. I'm 24years old and have a sagging belly, but I don't know why. I've never gained a lot or lost a lot of weight in short time and also don't have any children. I do 2-3 times a weak sport and rest of my body is fit but only my belly. I'm Thinking of trying the Thermage and also the coolsculpting method (zeltique) to loose the small amount of fat and tighten my skin. Or is my belly so bad that I have to think about a mommy tuck?

Doctor Answers 3

Coolsculpting/Liposuction/Body Contouring/ High Definition Procedures

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting is best for fat deposits not skin tightening 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Best of luck!

Dr. Schwartz


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

I use Pelleve in my office for skin tightening. It is a great radio frequency device that can serve as a great adjunct with coolsculpting. In office examination is important to make sure you are a good candidate for these treatments.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

How can I tighten my loose belly? I just have a really small amount of fat, the rest is just loose skin.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. I do not see a lot of loose skin from your photos. If you are interested in skin tightening, CoolSculpting would not be the ideal procedure as it targets only fat cells. Thermage may be an option. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. An in-person assessment is always best. 


These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.