When does the hair loss stop after off-cycling and do they regrow?

I was on a doxycyline cycle for about 8 months recommended by my doctor for my acne on my face, from the very first week I was seeing the hair loss and I never knew what was causing it until I was told the cycle I was on was damaging my hair,it's been a month and a half that I'm off it and I'm still experiencing the same effects it had before while taking it ; ? I have really good hair genes , I still can't see my scalp and concerned

Hair cycling

The telogen phase (rest phase) of the hair cycle lasts on average about 6 months and the anagen phase 
(growth phase) ranges from 2-4 years depending upon your age.)

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon