What happens to the fat injected under eyes when we reach the age of 60 or 70?

Im thinking of getting fat injected under my eyes, because of the hollow eyes i got from excessive weight loss, my question is : when a patient at 30 who had fat injections under the eyes, gets to the age of 60 or 70, what happens to the under eye hollows, would the fat there remain the same , or with age, that fat transplanted would also lose moisture and volume?

Fat Transfer

Thank you for posting your question. Survival rate for transferred fat varies among individuals, but on average half of it will be reabsorbed. The fat cells that survive will behave in the same manner as any other fat cells in your body, meaning they will have the same response toward change in weight and the aging process. I recommend meeting with an experienced physician for an in-person consultation to learn about different options and find the best one for your needs. Best of luck.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon