Doctor recommend a crescent lift. Am I going to see sufficient enhancement? (photos)

Or do I need another type of lifting? I have silicon implants 300 cc (Submuscular) and want to replace for silicon again, I don't want to go bigger. I want to combine with lifting but asked for minimal amount of scars, hence the doctor recommendation

Crescent lift

In my experience, the crescent lift is usually only done on one side when there is a very small, less than a centimeter difference in the areola location. It doesn't lift the breast at all. If done more aggressively, what I have seen is a very vertically oriented areola that looks strange. From your photographs, it doesn't appear that you need a lift at all. Best of luck.

Crescent Lift?

The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under intravenous sedation and local or general anesthesia. As mentioned above there are a variety of techniques for these operations.  Lollipop lift (vertical lift), donut (periareola) lift, Benelli lift, crescent lift, anchor lift  (inverted T ). Most commonly, we prefer the lollipop or donut lift because of the shape, small scars and easier healing. Although the “anchor-shape” or inverted “T” incision is still more popular in the United States, it represents an older technique with extensive scarring and a less optimal result in many cases. These newer techniques are utilized in the vast majority of cases, the rare exception being extremely large breasts. The nipple-areola complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position.

Now, the final results and quality of what you will see are based upon your surgeon and the decisions that you make together on the procedure you will undergo. If you find that you are concerned at all by the recommendations of this first surgeon then another consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon would be a good idea. Good luck!

Crescent nipple lift.

Thank you so much for this important question. You nipple position seems to be sufficiently above the fold. While there's a small amount of nipple asymmetry, I am not sure a nipple lift is needed. However, photos are not a substitute for a full examination and your PS has the advantage of an in-person examination. For mild nipple asymmetry using a one-sided crescent nipple lift has been extremely rewarding for my patients and I. 

Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Lift

Just looking at your photos, you do not appear to need a lift. Your nipples are much higher than your fold. If you wanted, your fold could be lowered a small amount so that your nipple would appear to be sitting a little higher. Long term, the crescent lift not does work well in all women.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Crescent lift?

I am not a fan of crescent lifts and don't recommend them.  The problem is that the areola is very soft and will stretch to fill in the crescent of skin that is removed, resulting in a large, oval areola with no resulting lift at all.  (I occasionally perform circumferential lifts, but prefer a vertical lift in most cases.)

You do not need a lift, however.  Your shape is well preserved, but your implants seem to be sitting a bit high.  Simply lowering your implants when they are replaced will allow the nipple to rotate up on the breast and give you some improvement with no additional scars.  Best of luck!

Doctor recommend a crescent lift. Am I going to see sufficient enhancement?

Crescent lifts are not very effective in lifting the breast 

If a lift is needed a circumferential lift is more effective

In your case it does not appear that you need a lift . the implant could be lowered slightly to elevate the nipple

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Doctor recommend a crescent lift.

Thank you for the question.  Based on your photographs, I do not think that breast lifting of any kind is necessary. I also think that a crescent breast lift does not provide  significant  enough of a breast lift  to be valuable; in other words, it generally accomplishes nothing of significance, and will expose you to risks of areola distortion/elongation/poor scarring.   

My best advice: select your plastic surgeon carefully; make sure that he/she has significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.  Communicate your goals carefully as well. Learn about pros/cons/risks/complications associated with all options discussed. Best wishes.