What breast implants would you suggest to me? (Photos)

I have protrusion of the third rib and I want breast augmentation. I'm showing you the place of rib protrusion on photos. I'm scared to have irregular breast after augmentation...I have breastfed 3 children, I'm 28 years old, 5,8 height and 122 pounds. I'm sending you my photos now and my desired breast (that's how they almost looked before children). I want natural appearance, not something too big. I don't want implants to be visible in upper part of the breasts in profile. Thank you!

What breast implants would you suggest to me?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "too big" or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

U have excellent breast shape and should be able to achieve a very nice result after breast augmentation.  Do not worry about the protruding rib as the breast implant will cover this.

It  usually takes 150-200 cc of breast implant to increase by 1 cup size.  You have a slight asymmetry with the right breast is larger and lower and this asymmetry may be more obvious postop  but I would not use different sized implants  or recommend a left as your asymmetry is perfectly normal.

For what is worth a recent survey to plastic surgery medially revealed that 83% of the plastic surgeons at that meeting and in that course currently use smooth round  cohesive silicon gel implants.

How to choose Breast implants

Hi there Saritah and thanks for posting.

I think you have highlighted what is for many breast implant patients the hardest question." What is the perfect breast implant". The answer is there is no perfect implant, it needs to be tailored to each individual patient.

The images you have shown I think have all used different styles of implants and possibly even different pockets. 

Let me explain.

In the first photo. Which you titled "nice breast implants"  I think that is a small anatomic implant placed in a dual plane pocket.

The second photo. Which you titled "nice implants". I think they are round implants possibly placed sub glandular 

And in the final photo. I think they are almost certainly round implants placed in a dual plane pocket.

So as you can see, there are at least two and possibly three approaches, all of which you like!!!!  

Ultimately it depends on your underlying anatomy and the result you desire.

In your particular case, with some mild ptosis and minimal upper pole breast tissue, I would recommend an anatomic implant, placed in a dual plane pocket to achieve the result you desire. Then it just comes down to size, which again will be largely determined by your chest dimensions, which any plastic surgeon should be able to determine.

With regards to your protruding rib, there is nothing much that can be done for that and I think it will be largely covered by the implant.

I hope that has helped you with your choices

best wishes

Richard

Size Options

Thank you for the question and photos. You appear to be starting from a good place. The best way to find out what your Implant options are is to meet with your Plastic Surgeon in person so that they can examine you and discuss your goals and expectations.

Be sure to choose a board certified Plastic Surgeon who's before and after photos appeal to you. My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers in the office and get a feel for how they will look in a form fitting T-Shirt.

All the best

Breast implants - what kind to avoid protruding rib joint

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • Your photos suggest you have normal breast asymmetry but may have a slight scoliosis causing the protruding bone.
  • You need an in-person examination and implant fitting to get the right size and look - it can't be done long-distance.
  • Attached is my video  on choosing the right breast implant -
  • It will help you and your surgeon choose the best possible implant for you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

See a surgeon for best options.

Hello and thanks for sharing! I would have to examine your rib cage and check for symmetry and irregularities before I could recommend a size and shape. I do feel that you're a very good candidate for breast implants and the good news is that there will be many options for you when you do see a surgeon about your desired result. See my link to view plenty of photos of breast implant results. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Natural look

Anatomy and the size of your breast "footprint" or dimensions of your chest can help pick an implant, saritah. The thickness of the overlying breast is also an important factor in implant selection. So even a little difference can mean a big change. Different implants have different projection and this varies by manufacturer. Picking the right implant for you depends on a number of factors and talking about this in consultation is the best way to go and sometimes requires changing the shape of the breast with a mastopexy too especially if you have had implants before. Good luck, MMT