Switching Implant Profiles? (photo)

Hi there, currently I have 375cc hp silicone implants with a lot of sagging. I'm considering a revision and my dr suggested either a 575cc moderate profile implant or a 575-600 hp implant to fill out the tissue...I'm 5'4 125 lbs...I'm curious if switching to the moderate profile implant will be shocking and seem a lot smaller? I don't want to look like a porn star but naked I'd like them to look more "fake"

Switching implant sizes

I don't think the profile of the implant is that much of an issue.  The problem is that your breasts have sagged and if you go with even larger implants, you will only make the sagging worse.  I think you are large enough as you are.  If you want to go larger, you will easily find someone to do the surgery,but I think it will be a waste of money.

the logic in the plan you are suggesting or that has been suggested to you is flawed. The correct diagnosis here is bottoming out. there are multiple ways to treat this but bigger and wider implants is definately not one of them

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Implant profile irrelevant when placed retro-pectoral

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue, increase your upper pole fullness, increase your cleavage and reposition your breast higher on the chest wall.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will maximize anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Unfortunately, your 375 iimplants have already descended (bottoming out), which will progress and get worse if you go to a larger implant.  You will need your current implant removed, smaller implants placed retro-pectorally and a simultaneous lift.  If you undergo 575 to 600 cc implants you will need revision very quickly and be very dissatisfied.  Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Larger implants make larger breasts

Implant profile takes a big back seat to breast implant size, and you are talking about a considerable increase in volume- you will likely notice yourself significantly larger with this plan, and over time see even more sagging.  To address the sagging, a larger implant is not the answer... a lifting procedure will be much better suited to you.

Switching Implant Profiles?

Smaller? You stated SMALLER??? Increased in size by almost 200 cc's will not make you smaller. You best discuss this plan again with your surgeon IN PERSON. There is confusion which leads to errors! 

Everything starts with right diagnosis

I Believe that the reason of your breast sagging is bottoming out. If you get a correct diagnosis then there is a way to fix the problem. Switching just implant specially larger implant won't fix the problem by itself. You need a pocket adjustment along with change the implant with right shape and size. Simply exchange with bigger implant will keep you happy for few months and after resolving post surgical swelling , you will go back to the same shape as now. If you are happy with the current shape and just looking for larger breast with same shape the just switching with larger implant can be an approach. 

Good luck

M. Ryan Khosravi, MD

Sagging with breast implants

I have nothing to add to the excellent comments of my colleagues, particularly with regards to the sagging you are having now and the fact that it will be considerably worse with the larger implants. Does the term: 'a rock in a sock' mean anything to you?

Of more concern is the fact that there is a plastic surgeon out there actually recommending larger implants. Check his/her credentials, and get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon!

J. Brian Boyd, MD

Switching Implant Profiles

I will tell you that one of the worse things that can be done to patients with sagging is to place larger implants.  This often leads to more sagging and a bottomed out appearance to the breasts.  I would, however, change to a higher profile implant and consider a lift procedure.  This will do a better job of giving you more upper pole fullness which you likely desire. Good Luck!

Good to Know Your Goals

I like you honesty...many women secretly want that fake look but preoperatively insist on "natural"!  575 to 600 is definitely very large given your frame and you should 100% stick with HIGH PROFILE implants.  If you don't lower the pocket, this increase in size will give you more fullness medially, superiorly and laterally...importantly, this is all assuming the implants are beneath the muscle...if not this is a whole different and longer conversation.  Good luck...

Eric Sadeh, MD

Don't Know if You Should Increase Implant Size

Thank you for your photographs.  You are on  slippery slope by up sizing your implants regardless of the profile.  Larger implants will ultimately lead to more droop.  Consideration should be given to a slight downsizing of your implants and a lift to give you less of a mature breast look.

Dr. ES