Can I Switch to a Different Compression Garment?

I am 2 days post-op from a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I am a very petite person and the one-size-fits-all compression garment doesn't seem to be fitting right. It comes all the way up under my breasts and has zippers on both sides of my ribcage that are poking my new implants. It is all bunched up because my torso is short, making me wonder how much compression it's really giving me. My question is can I move to a different type of compression garment, similar to the Belly Bandit?

Switching Compression Garments after Tummy Tuck

It sounds as though your compression garment is too long.  I would call the plastic surgeon's office to determine if something else could be recommended.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

This question should be addressed to your surgeon, but it seems that you are correct in looking for an alternative. An abdominal binder that is not too wide will probably offer compression without the problems you are experiencing. 

Check with your surgeon. All the best. 

Change compression garment

The first garment should be fitted for you in the office prior to surgery and applied in the operating room. Often it will become loose as the edema is mobilized, and then it will need to be replaced. Spanx is a reasonable compression garment if it gives enough support and is the right size. I have my patents bring them in so I can confirm that it fits well.
Most important advice is to listen to your surgeon, as he or she knows how much fat was removed, the elasticity that remains in your skin, and amount of skin redundancy.
I recommend that my patients wear their garments for a minimum of three weeks full timethen for twelve hours at a time (day or night). If there is not a lot of redundant skin, this continues to a maximum of six weeks.
To be effective, the garment needs to fit snugly—but not too tight as that can make it difficult to sleep or cause pressure problems (inspect your skin when it is exposed if you are uncomfortable). As the edema resolves it is common for patients to switch to a smaller garment that fits. A Spanx-type garment would work fine, rather than ordering one or paying more at your doctor’s office.

One Size Fits All Compression Garment

Unfortunately, as you know, nothing in this world is truly one size fits all.  From your description, this garment is not doing it's job.  I would switch garments but I would let my surgeon know before doing so.