Eyelid crease, weak or ptosis? (photo)

Hello doctors, I've noticed on the past few months, since last year actually that my right eye has droopy eyelids. My right eye actually has a crease however it seems to be weak crease and easy gets folded becoming a droopy lazy like. Is there anything i could do to make it symmetrical to my left eye?

Eyelid Ptosis

This is due to an asymmetry in the way the muscles which raise and open your upper eyelids insert into the skin towards the edge of your eyelids. In Asian eyelids (such as Chinese and Japanese people) the skin crease present in European upper eyelids is absent in about 60% of the population. 

I suspect  you always had an asymmetry, but as you get older and subtle changes in the muscle and skin tone occur the difference becomes more apparent. It is usually possible to correct this. Of course you will need a thorough examination by a surgeon experienced in oculo-plastic surgery.  

Weak eyelid crease or ptosis

A little difficult to assess what is going on with the photo, but most likely this is a lid crease and lid fold problem. Upper lid crease and fold revision on the right would help your symmetry. Be sure to see an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation and surgery. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon