I'm a diabetic and I had a hip replacement. Is it safe to undergo MonaLisa Touch?

Is this safe for diabetics and hip replacements

Regaining your youth!

If you have recovered from your hip surgery and continue to be a well controlled diabetic then it's time to regain vaginal health. The MonaLisa is very effective to restore a thickened normal vaginal lining with better lubrication and pH. This helps with intimacy so vaginal intercourse is more pleasurable. The pH changes can help reduce infections, while the build up of collagen may also help with bladder leaks. So, if you are ready for a better quality of life you can proceed with this therapy without any concerns.

MonaLisa Touch

The MonaLisa Touch uses a non-invasive laser to promote vaginal rejuvenation. The laser stimulates the production of collagen, restoring the proper balance to the mucous membrane and improving the functionality. It is always important to have your medical conditions stable and under control but neither of these should have any negative effects on your MonaLisa treatments. 

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Diabetes and hip replacents with the Monalisa Touch

The Monalisa Touch procedure is absolutely safe for diabetic patients and for those who have undergone hip replacement surgery or any other orthopedic surgery for that matter.

Diabetes and hip replacement and the MonaLisa Touch

These two conditions are not contraindications for the MonaLisa Touch procedure. The laser treatment is very superficial, targeting the mucosa, so will not lead to infection in your joint replacement. It is always recommended to have good glycemic control, otherwise you may increase your risk of a yeast infection after treatment. On a rare occasion, I have given prophylactic anti-fungal medication to those patients who are prone to yeast infection before and after a MonaLisa Touch treatment. I would have a consult with your MonaLisa Touch provider prior treatment to determine how to optimize your health, and thus your comfort during and after treatment.

Is MonaLisa Touch safe in diabetics?

MonaLisa Touch (MLT) is perfectly safe in patients with diabetes as well as those who have had hip replacements.

Anyone who has diabetes should get their blood sugar very well controlled before undergoing any procedure that entails the healing process. Thus, make sure your hemoglobin A1C is at least below 7 before doing a procedure. 

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

If you've survived a hip replacement you will certainly survive Mona Lisa or FemiLift

Diabetes and orthopedic prosthetics offer no risk to laser vaginal treatments with either Mona Lisa or FemiLift. These devices will not melt your hips either. 

Yes - safe to undergo Laser Vaginal Treatments

Hello Linda,  There are few contraindications for Laser Vaginal Resurfacing with CO2 lasers such as MLT, FemiLift, etc. These include the presence of transvaginal mesh from prior pelvic reconstructive surgery, vaginal infection, and menses. Your history of diabetes and osteoarthritis does not exclude you from undergoing these treatments.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist