Swelling Around Nipple After 3+ Months of Surgery?

I have gone through a gynecomastia surgery in april 2012, n now its july end but still there is a much swelling around nipple. it is the area where my doctor made a cut for gland removal,n swelling seems to b increasing,its quite hard if i touch there. Im scared wether i'll have my shaped chest or again i have to suffer with a bulky chest. and i dont find any gland on chest but hardness on nipples. reply asap how much time it will take for nipple to shrink..? is the swelling normal or unusual...?

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. But if this causes concern, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Gynecomastia swelling post op

These symptoms are very normal. Expect swelling, hardness, and tenderness for 3-6 months. You may need steroid injection and/or massage to soften the tissue up. These symptoms should resolve once healed.

Hello

Without an exam it is very hard to be accurate. Swelling takes 6-12 month to completely subside. You could have scar tissue build up on the incision or around.  In our practice we like to tell our patients to message the area, which would help to break down that scar tissue. You need to see your PS to get what his instruction would be, every practice is different.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)