Why do I have this cone-like swelling 10 weeks post CoolSculpting?

I first had cool sculpt on my lower abdomen. I am not overweight and exercise. The results were actually too good, I looked unbalanced and they suggested two more treatments, mid and upper. The upper area used the small piece, and that are has never gone down in swelling. It looks like an enlarged cone, and it is hard. They are telling me they don't know what it is, and that it is too early for hyperplasia. Has anyone else seen this? I am beside myself and am tired of the wait and see game.

Firm areas after CoolSculpting?

I believe I may have.

Perhaps two years ago, I treated a patient with a large applicator on the midabdomen.  Perhaps 2 or 3 weeks later, she developed small areas of somewhat tender firmness that resolved after a few more weeks.  Since I had never seen anything like this in all the very many treatments I had delivered, I searched the scientific literature and did not find any reports of anything similar. I contact the Zeltiq medical team, who relayed that a few other treatments (I believe it was 2 or 3, and at that time 300,000 treatments had been given) had resulted in something similar. These patients also had complete resolution of the problem, and all of them felt that that the treatment was beneficial enough that they had no regrets.  

I hope your experience in similar but would dearly love to get more feedback, and if possible, pictures.

You can always contact me through my "Contact us" form on my website, if that is preferable to you.

Cool Sculpting recovery

You should have before and after photos of the treatment area to compare.  Is it possible for you to return to the provider who treated you for an examination?

Swelling After CoolSculpting

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with your results after CoolSculpting. Unfortunately, it's difficult to determine what's causing your swelling without a physical examination. I recommend seeing your board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is familiar with CoolSculpting. He or she will work hard to diagnose the issue and offer you effective options for treatment. Be reassured there are treatment options for anyone who might experience any texture changes after CoolSculpting.

Jody Comstock, MD
Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after CoolSculpting

CoolSculpting is a fabulous procedure that I have been doing in my office for years.  I have treated many patients and have not seen what you are describing.  I would recommend returning to your treated physician and ask them to consult the company directly and have the representative of the company see you and photograph you for an opinion. I have never seen any permanent side effects from CoolSculpting. If you do not get assistance please send me a photo or consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience in CoolSculpting to help you.