Will my implants continue to drop and soften? (photos)

I am 8 weeks post op. Will my implants continue to drop? Will they get softer? I have 450cc silicone under the muscle implants. I am massaging them daily.

Recovery

Yes, it can take up to 6 months for your final results. Sometimes longer. So, wait another few months and if you are still unhappy, schedule an appointment to see your surgeon. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Will my implants continue to drop and soften?

I appreciate your question.

It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Implant Will Continue to Soften and Drop

It make take up to a year for your implants to relax and soften completely as well as drop into the right position. The larger implants can sometimes take longer to drop. I attached a link to a patient with photos showing how much she continued to drop over 9 months.

Christopher J. Ewart, MD
Augusta Plastic Surgeon

Hi and thanks for your question and photos. Congratulations for your BA, you have a great result. They are not going to drop so much but still going to get softer as skin is adapting to the new volume. Follow your PS instructions and everything will be fine.

D. Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Will My Implants Continue to Drop/Soften

It typically takes several months for your breasts to soften and feel natural.  If you're not doing breast massage, I would suggest scheduling an appointment with your surgeon to learn the proper technique. 

Implant drop

It looks like you have a very nice result!  Although the implants may not drop a whole lot more, they should continue to soften over the next 1-2 months as the skin stretches.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Likely not a lot of change

Thanks for your question and the photos. It appears that your implants are in good position. There is not much room to drop anymore as they are on the fold. Because it is a large implant in a small pocket it will always feel a little tighter than a smaller implant would. Looks like you have a nice outcome. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Implants softening

In my experience the breast soften significantly between the 6 week to 3 month period after surgery. So, I would expect that your breasts will continue to soften and feel more natural.

Expected changes

At this point in your recovery, I would think that your position is about where it should be, but the primary change that you should notice in the next few months is some additional softness.  You have a very nice result so far.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Implant position

Thank you for your question. I would say, yes, they will continue to appear more natural as the tissues relax around the implant. You already have a very nice outcome. I would follow up w/ your surgeon as directed. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon