Swollen efter 1 mounth OP facelift (photo)
Doctor Answers 5
Facelifting #woundhealing #cosmeticsurgery #beauty
Thank you for your question and photo! I am sorry for your difficulties!! Please seek a second opinion- You will get some guidance in person and have an expert follow your healing and give you assurance.
With Warm Regards
Trevor M Born MD
APPARENT NERVE DAMAGE AFTER FACELIFT
Full face endoscopic lift - problems a month later
- You appear to have nerve damage - which may be temporary or permanent, depending on the cause.
- Swelling can be part of the cause.
- You need to see your surgeon and have her/him evaluate you -
- After six weeks, if there is no improvement a neurologic consultation and even physical therapy may be recommended.
- But you need your surgeon in charge of this - and you may need specialists as well.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
Swelling and asymmetrical smile after a facelift.
Usually swelling resolves but may need to be aspirated with a needle if it is loculated. Your smile may return and have temporary trauma. If your eyes do not close please treat accordingly with drops, ointment and tape at night.
You may consider seeking additional help with a Specialist in your area.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.