Swollen efter 1 mounth OP facelift (photo)

I performed surgery (endoscopic pan/eye brow lift, face lift with neck, fat injection, eyelids lower ....) I have no control over my lower jaw and lap, I talk very strange. It feels the same as you have left after stunning tandlekare visit. I smile with crooked smile and your mouth is crooked when closed. Under chin, I have big swollen lump. Face is swollen still take special cheeks.

Facelifting #woundhealing #cosmeticsurgery #beauty

Dear Innafacelift

Thank you for your question and photo! I am sorry for your difficulties!! Please seek a second opinion- You will get some guidance in person and have an expert follow your healing and give you assurance.

With  Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

APPARENT NERVE DAMAGE AFTER FACELIFT

Your story gives the impression you have some type of nerve damage.  But whether it is temporary or permanent is still in question since it typically takes 6 weeks or more for "temporary" damage to resolve.  Transient damage is usually caused by swelling or stretching around the nerves.  First discuss the issue with your surgeon and if you feel you are being treated with fairness and understanding, then follow his/her instructions.  Otherwise, you need another opinion, and if there is no sign of resolution within 6-8 weeks, a consultation with a neurologist.  That consultation is best arranged for you by your plastic surgeon.

R. Scott Yarish, MD

Full face endoscopic lift - problems a month later

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

• You appear to have nerve damage - which may be temporary or permanent, depending on the cause.
  • Swelling can be part of the cause.
  • You need to see your surgeon and have her/him evaluate you -
  • After six weeks, if there is  no improvement a neurologic consultation and even physical therapy may be recommended.
  • But you need your surgeon in charge of this - and you may need specialists as well.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Needs evaluation

It is possible that you have a temporary or even permanent damage to you facial nerve. Your physician should be able to evaluate you in person and determine what the prognosis is. Severe swelling can also make movement altered. I recommend evaluation and discussion with your surgeon to determine what the next step is.

Good luck!

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and asymmetrical smile after a facelift.

You are experiencing swelling and possible nerve injury.  I recommend you follow up with your surgeon.  He may offer recommendations.

Usually swelling resolves but may need to be aspirated with a needle if it is loculated.  Your smile may return and have temporary trauma.  If your eyes do not close please treat accordingly with drops, ointment and tape at night.

You may consider seeking additional help with a Specialist in your area.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon