As a surgeon, would you call this a nice result on breast implants? (photos)

I had lost a lot of weight and neede to fill the breast up. Dont have the before pictures, Surgeon say: litte down , but not need a lift Why I ask? Welll im not completly satisfied and i dont get an answer from my surgeon, making me belive he dont want to correct them. I cud tell u what i feel is wrong, but i dont wanna influence u, want ur honest opionon I asked for : natural, but also full on over half. Wud you be happy if you had done this, if i was your patient? Thank you for your input

"Nice" is in the eye of the beholder...

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.  Although you do not say exactly what your concerns are, it is clearly there is a problem with breast implant displacement ) ("bottoming out") and breast asymmetry. 

Ultimately, what other people, including online plastic surgeon consultants, think is secondary to what YOUR concerns are.  Communicate these concerns directly with your plastic surgeon. Make sure that he/she has significant experience helping patients with the type of revisionary surgery that would be necessary to achieve an outcome that you will be happier with.

What do you think about my result

Hi and thank you for the question. Based on the photos you submitted I think your result is reasonable. Without knowing what your before photos look like I can't comment on whether this is a reasonable outcome for the breasts that you started with. 

Ultimately it doesn't matter what any of us think about your results. If you aren't happy then the best thing is to make sure your surgeon clearly understands your specific concerns. If he or she is unable or unwilling to make those changes for you then get a second opinion from a great plastic surgeon in your area. Good luck 

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

No, I would not be satisfied.

Without seeing your pre-op photos it's difficult to state what has happened. I think your nipple/areolas (NAC) are at different heights and your NAC to inframammary fold distance is too great. In fact you already show signs of "bottoming out" which if I'm correct will elevate your NAC even more. 

Donald W. Kress, MD, FACS
Frederick Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and fullness in the upper poles

Good communication is critical to achieve results that will satisfy both the surgeon and his patient.  While the results appear reasonably good (i.e., no visible scar, good distance between the areola and the submammary fold, the lower poles have most of the fullness, etc.) you reason why you're not completely satisfied is that you ask for more fullness in the upper poles.

Take note that a simultaneous breast lift requires longer and more visible scars.  It all boils down to the benefits and caveats you are willing to take. 

Additional fullness in the upper poles is achieved with the right implant profile or forward projection. High profile implants are known to give this effect. 

However, it is really hard to assess your case without physical examination.  

You may share your specific concerns with your original PS and see if you can agree on the same page, or you may also ask for a second opinion. 

Good luck and best wishes.