Solution on loosing hair behind transplanted hair line. How does it look? What can be done about it?

Im a 30 year old man that have done two FUE hair transplants. 3500 grafts of denspacking on the hairline. I think i have around 500-1000grafts left im my donor and im thinkin about the future. i want to be able to have a short or shaved head in the future if im loosing my hair without it looking weird. Is it normal that people loose hair behind the transplantet hair and how does it look shaved? What other options do i have? Is it possible to do a BTH to fill out future hair-loss or a repair?

The decision to have surgery and consideration of future progressive hair loss should be planned out in the Master Plan.

The decision to have surgery and consideration of future progressive hair loss should be planned out in the Master Plan.  If you plan it right, you should have adequate donor hair to look "normal" or without gaps.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Losing hair behind the transplanted hairline

Hair loss is progressive, so To avoid having an island look, we always suggest that we implant In between the native hair behind the hairline. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Losing hair behind hair transplant

You should realize that progressive balding is a real problem for men. This can, at times, be stopped with the drug finasteride taken before and after the surgery. If you don't take this medication, you will chase the hair loss.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It would be wise in my opinion to go back to your hair transplant specialist and discuss getting on a DHT blocker such as finasteride. Finasteride would keep you from losing anymore hair or at least slow male pattern baldness. Another medication that is in topical form and is a good adjust to finasteride is minoxidil. Below is a link that discusses these medications fully.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon