Is this safe to have? (photo)

Is this "thing" dangerous or is it something I don't have to worry about, is it removable?

Doctor Answers 1

Worrisome growths

Thank you for your question. I cannot diagnose you through a photograph because your lesion needs to be evaluated in person. A dermatologist will use an instrument called a dermatoscope, which allows the lesion to be viewed under higher magnification. If there are any concerning or abnormal features noted, then the lesion should be biopsied and sent to a lab for further evaluation. I always recommend changing or concerning growths to be evaluated, therefore, I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your lesion evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit you. Take care and good luck.

Las Vegas Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.