What I can do to my nose? (photos)

My main conern when it comes to my nose is that I find it very wide on the tip of my nose, its very rounded and the with of my nose dosent fit my face especially when I smile. I do have a very small mouth which just makes it worse, but I wonder if I can do it smaller at the end of the nose, and as well make it less round. Not super pointy either. My nostrils are uneven as well. Its also crooked, its not that visible, I also have a bump on my nose and long tip. What can I do?

Your strong tip cartilages are defining most of what you don't like about your nose.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

Your tip cartilages, besides making the tip look wide from the frontal view, are holding the tip of your nose out away from your face, and making the nose look a little long from the profile view. In the morph, I elevated the tip a tiny amount, lowered the bump on the bridge, and then brought the entire nose back closer to your face.

From the front, modifying those tip cartilages can narrow the tip, as in the attached little movie above this post. 

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. Then, he must show you before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

What I can do to my nose?

Greetings

Thank you very much for your question and photos, 

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate

There are many things that can be done to improve the appearance of your nose, starting for your concerns, the tip can be slightly refined without raising the angle so it doesnt showing the nostrils from the front. Your nose is slightly deviated and also your internal valves are collapsed, which is the main reason why your nose looks wide at the base. Of course the dorsal hump should be treated and corrected. 

You should expect an amazing result from a Open structured Rhinoplasty, if performed by a specialist. 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Rhinoplasty Goals

A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

First off, you are a very attractive young woman, so any critic of your nose should be kept in perspective. As facial surgeons, we examine nasal appearance very closely and you already have more than identified several features that are subtle, but could be improved. Another word of caution- ALL noses look too wide when smiling and taking a selfie.

Rhinoplasty can be used to reshape the nose. Making the tip smaller and bringing down the dorsal hump are two maneuvers that you would see the most improvement from. Keeping a degree of width to the midsection of the nose is important for aesthetics as well as breathing.  Keep in mind the overall goal is to make the nose better, not perfect.

I would recommend consulting with a facial plastic surgeon who regularly performs nasal surgery. Patients should wait until they are 16-18 and have achieved full growth before having a procedure done.

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven tip and dorsal hump

Looking at your photos, you may benefit from rhinoplasty surgery which can improve the appearance of the nasal dorsum and the tip, which is too long (over projected) and rounded. I am not sure about your age, but generally we want to wait with rhinoplasty in girls until they are about 15 years old. 

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Your nose

I do a lot of rhinoplasty operations.  Your nose has a wide tip, a depression in the area just above the tip, and a slight dorsal hump.  The best and most natural results will be to narrow the tip, place a cartilage graft above the tip, and lower the dorsal hump using a rasp (file).  You should go to a surgeon who does lots of rhinoplasty operations.  The goal is to have you stop thinking about your nose. I do this under conscious sedation.

Barry N. Silberg, MD, FACS
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon